How to disable secure boot?

Go to solution Solved by kirashi,
3 minutes ago, The Strange said:

Thanks for your reply, here i have 2 questions please:

1. Disabling CSM, is this means disabling secure boot?? in case if i did this, will i be able to boot windows 7 ??

2. Enabling or Disabling secure boot, does it make a difference if i'm going to install windows 8.1 or 10? or its the same situation??

Enabling CSM allows you to boot from Legacy Devices - in order to enable CSM mode on almost every motherboard I've ever used either requires you to disable Secure Boot somewhere else in the BIOS, or it automagically disabled Secure Boot for you. I don't have your motherboard, nor can I see your BIOS, so you'll need to play around with it or call Gigabyte support. (Or hope someone else has your exact motherboard that knows this off the top of their head.)

Windows 8.1 or 10 both should install and boot with or without Secure Boot mode, however, once installed toggling Secure Boot mode on/off will prevent Windows 8.1 / 10 from booting until you set it back to the state it was upon installation. I cannot recommend anyone install Windows 8 or 8.1 at this time, as it follows Microsoft's trend where every 2nd OS they release is complete garbage in terms of bugs, features, and design quirks.

Hi guys, i have currently motherboard: GIGABYTE B360 AORUS Gaming 3 paired with core i5 8400 CPU.

I need to know: how to disable secure boot in this motherboard, so that i can boot windows 7??

Need also to know: if there will be any side effects expected to occur if i disabled secure boot??

And i have another question: does disabling secure boot, make a difference in case of installing windows 8.1 or 10??

Edited by The Strange

Restart the computer while holding shift, you will be redirected to a menu where you can get into the BIOS; from there, find the secure boot setting and (obviously) disable it.

There shouldn't be any side effects except for secure boot not being enabled. ?

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

3 minutes ago, Computernaut said:

Restart the computer while holding shift, you will be redirected to a menu where you can get into the BIOS; from there, find the secure boot setting and (obviously) disable it.

There shouldn't be any side effects except for secure boot not being enabled. ?

Do you mean restarting computer and holding shift while i'm at windows desktop ??

OR 

Restarting while i'm at the BIOS normal screen ??

In the BIOS normal screen, i can't find secure boot, is this what you saying will open a new BIOS screen where i can find secure boot??

35 minutes ago, The Strange said:

Hi guys, i have currently motherboard: GIGABYTE B360 AORUS Gaming 3 paired with core i5 8400 CPU.

I need to know: how to disable secure boot in this motherboard, so that i can boot windows 7??

Need also to know: if there will be any side effects expected to occur if i disabled secure boot??

And i have another question: does disabling secure boot, make a difference in case of installing windows 8.1 or 10??

Page 31, 32, & 33 of your motherboard manual have details on enabling CSM (Legacy) boot mode.

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b360-aorus-gaming-3(wifi)_1001_e.pdf

In some instances, disabling Secure Boot after Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 are installed may cause those Operating Systems to fail to boot, requiring they be reinstalled. However, you can usually simply enable Secure Boot and they should boot properly again without a reinstallation. Honestly, I always disable Secure Boot when I reinstall Windows on a PC because it prevents me from booting Linux based diagnostic and recovery tools as they would be required to be signed with keys to boot in Secure Boot mode, which is not something I really care to deal with.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

9 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Page 31, 32, & 33 of your motherboard manual have details on enabling CSM (Legacy) boot mode.

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b360-aorus-gaming-3(wifi)_1001_e.pdf

In some instances, disabling Secure Boot after Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 are installed may cause those Operating Systems to fail to boot, requiring they be reinstalled. However, you can usually simply enable Secure Boot and they should boot properly again without a reinstallation. Honestly, I always disable Secure Boot when I reinstall Windows on a PC because it prevents me from booting Linux based diagnostic and recovery tools as they would be required to be signed with keys to boot in Secure Boot mode, which is not something I really care to deal with.

1. Disabling CSM, is this means disabling secure boot?? in case if i did this, will i be able to boot windows 7 ??

2. Enabling or Disabling secure boot, does it make a difference if i'm going to install windows 8.1 or 10? or its the same situation??

3 minutes ago, The Strange said:

Enabling CSM allows you to boot from Legacy Devices - in order to enable CSM mode on almost every motherboard I've ever used either requires you to disable Secure Boot somewhere else in the BIOS, or it automagically disabled Secure Boot for you. I don't have your motherboard, nor can I see your BIOS, so you'll need to play around with it or call Gigabyte support. (Or hope someone else has your exact motherboard that knows this off the top of their head.)

Windows 8.1 or 10 both should install and boot with or without Secure Boot mode, however, once installed toggling Secure Boot mode on/off will prevent Windows 8.1 / 10 from booting until you set it back to the state it was upon installation. I cannot recommend anyone install Windows 8 or 8.1 at this time, as it follows Microsoft's trend where every 2nd OS they release is complete garbage in terms of bugs, features, and design quirks.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)