2 moniters or 1 ultra wide?

Sir_Dusk

I currently have a 4k tv connected to my pc but I'm looking at replacing it with a dual monitor set up or 1 ultra wide but I have limited space the area is 50 and a half inches wide so I'm looking to put the perfect screens in that space I'm looking at 1440p monitors or ultrawide 

Whats you're budget and whats it to be used for?

CPU
Intel® Core i9 9900K 8 Core 16 Threads
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG Strix Z390-E
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
Graphics Card
MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

1st Drive

500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVME 

2nd Drive

1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVME
3rd Hard Disk
480GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
4th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM

5th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET 
Processor Cooling
Corsair H150i Pr 360mm AIO

Case:

Lian Li O11 Air

A 3440x1440p ultrawide~

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Depends on what you intend on doing with the setup

Just now, Findiculous said:

Whats you're budget and whats it to be used for?

I'm gaming on it and I don't really have a budget. not saying I'm spending 2 grand  

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

A 3440x1440p ultrawide~

do you have any recommendations on what model and what brand?

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

This really comes down to preference. I personally prefer 2 separate monitors because I like the 16:9 aspect ratio. 

that's a good point but I haven't seen an ultrawide so I don't know how I feel but I'm open to trying new stuff

6 minutes ago, Sir_Dusk said:

I'm gaming on it and I don't really have a budget. not saying I'm spending 2 grand  

1 minute ago, Sir_Dusk said:

that's a good point but I haven't seen an ultrawide so I don't know how I feel but I'm open to trying new stuff

What's your full hardware list?

What do you game the most?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

What's your full hardware list?

What do you game the most?

i7 8700k going to get an rtx 2080 soon 24gb of ram and asus z370 ROG STRIX gaming h ive been playing black ops 4 and forza horizon 4 currently 

Dual 27" 1440p monitor owner here, I'm measuring 114cm (45") total width, but I do have one of them at an angle.

Personally I prefer 16:9 over ultrawide, hence my choice.  I also read a lot about issues with cutscenes in games on ultrawide, and I didn't want to take that chance.

I like having 2 displays because it allows me to work on one while a movie is playing on the other, or to game on one while game maps or tips are displayed on the other, or to have one monitor dedicated to one part of my work while the other is used for another part. 

It's just more convenient to put 4 windows/documents/spreadsheets next to each other on two monitors than to put 3 or 4 on an ultrawide.

1 minute ago, Captain Chaos said:

Dual 27" 1440p monitor owner here, I'm measuring 114cm (45") total width, but I do have one of them at an angle.

Personally I prefer 16:9 over ultrawide, hence my choice.  I also read a lot about issues with cutscenes in games on ultrawide, and I didn't want to take that chance.

I like having 2 displays because it allows me to work on one while a movie is playing on the other, or to game on one while game maps or tips are displayed on the other, or to have one monitor dedicated to one part of my work while the other is used for another part. 

It's just more convenient to put 4 windows/documents/spreadsheets next to each other on two monitors than to put 3 or 4 on an ultrawide.

yea that's a good point 

2 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

I'd say get a nice display (1440p/4K, 120+Hz, etc, good color accuracy) as a main and another one more normal as the secondary (even 1080p is fine, 60hz, you know just for watching stuff while gaming on the main one) and you can even save and get the 2080 ti if you want to

I was thinking about saving for the 2080ti but its so much money and I'm able to buy the 2080 this Thursday 

3 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

I'd say get a nice display (1440p/4K, 120+Hz, etc, good color accuracy) as a main and another one more normal as the secondary (even 1080p is fine, 60hz, you know just for watching stuff while gaming on the main one) and you can even save and get the 2080 ti if you want to

Or you can get a 4k 144hz ips display for one and then a 240hz tn panel display for ultra low latency. 

I went through this a couple months ago, I went Ultrawide because I didnt want the bezel in the center or my viewing area, I dont regret it for a second but I would recommend going to a store and looking at an ultrawide first before making your choice, see if you like the aspect ratio.

1 hour ago, Ravendarat said:

I went through this a couple months ago, I went Ultrawide because I didnt want the bezel in the center or my viewing area, I dont regret it for a second but I would recommend going to a store and looking at an ultrawide first before making your choice, see if you like the aspect ratio.

ok yea that's a great idea I will do that tomorrow