I'm starting with animating, what do I need?

Hi.

I would like to start with animation 2D animations, and I am asking myself what do I really need to start with this?

I would like to draw on my computer and animate on it.

PUT I read a topic on the internet and it said that you would need a tablet for 2D animations... Would my Asus Zenpad 10 (Z301MF) be good for that?

3 minutes ago, Dominik999 said:

Hi.

I would like to start with animation 2D animations, and I am asking myself what do I really need to start with this?

I would like to draw on my computer and animate on it.

PUT I read a topic on the internet and it said that you would need a tablet for 2D animations... Would my Asus Zenpad 10 (Z301MF) be good for that?

I don't have much of an idea but you can use your phone (or tablet) as a drawing tablet, but Jaiden from jaiden animations recommends that you should get the cheapest wacom tablet

7 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

Pen tablets, not Android tablets ._.

do you already have a 2D animation program on your side?

No, I don't. Do you have one?

8 minutes ago, Midniteb0ne said:

I don't have much of an idea but you can use your phone (or tablet) as a drawing tablet, but Jaiden from jaiden animations recommends that you should get the cheapest wacom tablet

Ok

33 minutes ago, Dominik999 said:

what do I really need to start with this

A lot of patience.

Seriously. Animating is a time consuming process. You need patience and the desire to see your creation through. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Hi

Since you are starting, may i suggest a course on Anime at local college, or trade school.

Having the basics is best way to go , in my opinion. They may recommend books on how to and the software that you may need.

I found several courses using Google in my city. The problem, may be finding, the right one for you.

I would use a PC if you already have one for that extra power, and then spend my money on a Wacom tablet. 

Get the cheapest wacom 16 - not pro - or a huion or xppen.  All good choices.  I suggest Adobe Flash, Clip Studio - but free options like Pencil2D, Plastic Animation Paper, and Blender Grease Pencil can get you started.  Do you have illusion of Life" Book?

Any PC with 16 GB ram and any current gen setup will be more than enough. 

these guys are pretty advanced and lean towards flash - but they're great https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4Qvpti1dS1KKC7PLyLl__g