Coffee machine recommendation

Rakanoth

I have been looking for a nice coffee machine without a milk container. My budget is up to 350€ (Around 400$).

De'Longhi Magnifica ESAM 3000.B captured my attention. But I don't know how good it is for the price.

I don't want to use those working with a capsule. I want to get one with a grinder.

What do you use and what do you recommend?

9 hours ago, Rakanoth said:

I have been looking for a nice coffee machine without a milk container. My budget is up to 350€ (Around 400$).

De'Longhi Magnifica ESAM 3000.B captured my attention. But I don't know how good it is for the price.

I don't want to use those working with a capsule. I want to get one with a grinder.

You're looking for an Espresso machine?

A coffee machine is very different (and a simpler machine).

Looks like a good piece of equipment - if it fits your budget, then not a bad purchase.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Coffee machines are the biggest waste of money.  I did it all and even used Grinder machines.

I make the best Coffee with just a Tea Kettle and Nestle Instant Coffee

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

10 minutes ago, THraShArD said:

Coffee machines are the biggest waste of money.  I did it all and even used Grinder machines.

I make the best Coffee with just a Tea Kettle and Nestle Instant Coffee

My fiancee uses a French Press. Best coffee ever, she says.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

25 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I have a French press in my office. Perfect way to have a small break, plus it makes great coffee with the right beans. Never really liked the instant stuff unless there's really nothing else or really crappy quality coffee.

10 hours ago, Rakanoth said:

At home I have a semi-automatic espresso machine and a drip machine. I take my French press to the office. Getting quality coffee goes a long way and is arguably the most important. That machine seems to be decent, so yeah if it fits the budget I don't see why not.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

You're looking for an Espresso machine?

A coffee machine is very different (and a simpler machine).

Looks like a good piece of equipment - if it fits your budget, then not a bad purchase.

They call it here "fully automated coffee machine". Yes, I am looking for an espresso machine.

1 hour ago, THraShArD said:

Coffee machines are the biggest waste of money.

Says the guy who likes instant coffee. ?

Nvm

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Wish I could add to this thread but alas... espresso machines are the only type of machine I've never owned. I just can't justify forking out the amount really good ones cost and cafes offering good espresso are all over where I live.

Other machines I have tried include...

• drip machines (so convenient and can make decently strong brew but they aren't convenient for less than maybe 24 fl oz)
  • french press (probably my favorite way since you can control every aspect of the brew)
  • cold brew mason jar edition lolz (simplest and by far cheapest way...)
  • pre-made bags the ones that look like giant tea bags (convenient that you can just toss one or two in the kettle but in my experience make a good cup of coffee they don't :()
  • and... yes... freakin K cups...(wasteful! Tthough I have tried the reusable ones you put together yourself but they don't hold nerely enough coffee for my liking...I've tried)

The methods I use at home most are drip and french press.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

15 hours ago, Rakanoth said:

IMHO, 

Spend all the money you can afford on a coffee grinder (or you can buy a Baratza Encore for $150) and use either of these:

- Hario V60 cone ($8)

- Chemex ($40)

- French Press ($10)

- Aeropress ($30)

If you buy a Chemex or a Hario V60 you'll want a gooseneck kettle or caraffe as well. 

The grind is most critical when making good coffee. The coffee machine, not so much. All you need is a paper filter and some kind of cone to support it, hence the Chemex or Hario V60. The only thing a drip coffee machine does is somewhat automate the process of pouring water over the grounds. And it will never be as good or quick as doing it yourself with a cheap plastic cone holding a paper filter. You'll never see a barista with an automated machine. But there are countless Hario V60 and Aeropress competitions. The French Press is an absolute pain in the butt to clean so I don't recommend it. The Aeropress is basically a French Press that's a bajillion times easier to clean. With the V60 all you have to do is dump the filter in the trash and give it a quick rinse. Done! With the Aeropress you just have to push the used coffee grounds out with the plunger. 

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

French Press + medium roast coffee beans + cold water = ?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I personally use an Aldi branded Nespresso machine that I got for £20, although I do reuse the capsules and fill them with my own coffee. I even modelled and 3D printed a jig so I can refill them easier.

Sure it's not the best but it's quick and fairly cheap and I've stopped using my espresso machine completely since theres very little difference in taste once you figure out the right amount of coffee to put in the capsule

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

6 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I use someone called Nick who works at a cafe. He makes the best flat whites. 

Nestle Cafe does not taste cheap like Folgers or Maxwell House.  I drink coffee to get high as a drug.   Between taste and effect, I don't see any difference

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |