Looking for a good co-op game.

Kawaii Koneko

So, I'm looking for a good console co-op game. It needs to be something on the PS3, PS4, 360, or One. I suppose something on the Vita would be fine as well, provided it is compatible with the PS TV. I really just want something that I can sit back on the couch and play. Something that doesn't require a grind commitment like Destiny.

I'm not talking about a game that will let you play the whole campaign in co-op, like Far Cry 5 but rather something that offers segmented missions like the old co-op in Far Cry 3 or Zombie Army Trilogy. I'm not looking for something that is entirely wave based either like COD zombies but something like Zombie Army Trilogy that has a horde/wave mode in addition to the co-op missions is fine. I'm not looking for anything puzzle based like Strange Brigade either. I'd prefer something that involves guns and shooting. 1st or 3rd person is fine. It absolutely must have a matchmaking function to play with randoms. I'm looking for something that I can just pop in at random to play co-op without having to coordinate with friends. Also, I'm looking at a purely co-op PVE experience, I'm not looking for PVP co-op.

So to be clear, I'm looking for something where you can select which mission you want before getting into matchmaking and I want something where missions have a fairly linear path to follow with checkpoints along the way. Not something open world that happens to have missions that you can play co-op, so nothing like The Division (I've already beat it twice anyway lol) or FC5 (again beat twice lol). Missions like FC3, ZAT, or Left 4 Dead. 

I recently just wrapped up getting all the achievements in Zombie Army Trilogy and now I need something to scratch the itch. I'm still having fun playing ZAT even though I have nothing to unlock anymore but I'd like something new that I have some goals to work toward.

55 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Left 4 Dead?

Been there, done that but good suggestion. ?

53 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

I had a lot of fun playing Ghost Recon Wildlands in co-op. If you're into the genre and mind putting some effort you don't really need to grind weapons or skill points, what is available from start is more than capable of dealing with about anything. It has guns and shooting. It has matchmaking to play with random people. Its 3rd person and you can fully enjoy the beauty of the gigantic world. And while the game is more stealth oriented, you are more than free to unleash hell and go guns blazing at everything... Well almost everything. A handful of story missions have mandatory stealth.

Yeah, but that is more of a campaign co-op experience isn't it? I'm looking for something with more of a select mission A from the menu and then follow a fairly linear path. When you finish it, you are kicked back to a lobby and can select a new mission with the group or do something else. I should have specified.

Wildlands does look good though. I'm hoping to play the whole campaign with a friend at some point.

Animal crossing 

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

8 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

So, I'm looking for a good console co-op game.

Local or Online??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

warframe?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

On 3/1/2019 at 4:49 AM, Stefan Payne said:

Local or Online??

Online.

On 3/1/2019 at 4:50 AM, iLostMyXbox21 said:

warframe?

Nah, that game doesn't really interest me.

BattleBlock Theater or Portal (2) perhaps?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Borderlands 1 or 2

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

8 hours ago, Minibois said:

BattleBlock Theater or Portal (2) perhaps?

Never, heard of Battle Block. Not really what I'm looking for this purpose but it does look interesting. I might have to check it out sometime.

I already have Portal 2 on PC. I absolutely adore the campaign but like I said in my original post, I'm not really looking for any puzzle co-op. I'm looking for some good shooter action.

3 hours ago, Theguywhobea said:

Borderlands 1 or 2

Like I said in my original post, I'm looking for something with a more set mission structure, not open world with missions that trigger by going to objectives. I'm looking for something where you select the mission you want from the menu and once finished, you are put back in a lobby to select a new mission. Like how L4D, ZAT, FC3 co-op, etc do it.

I love BL2 though. Already played through it twice. I'd like to get back to it one of these days because I want to get all of the achievements.

2 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

I already have Portal 2 on PC. I absolutely adore the campaign but like I said in my original post, I'm not really looking for any puzzle co-op. I'm looking for some good shooter action.

If you're not really looking for puzzle games, Battleblock might be to your liking either; it's primarily a co op (or singleplayer) platformer; but with some puzzle-ish aspects to it (as in, person 1 stands on plate a, person 2 can pass through let person 1 get to the end too).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

If you're not really looking for puzzle games, Battleblock might be to your liking either; it's primarily a co op (or singleplayer) platformer; but with some puzzle-ish aspects to it (as in, person 1 stands on plate a, person 2 can pass through let person 1 get to the end too).

I see. It still looks interesting though. It isn't what I'm looking for in this instance but overall, it does look like something I'd like to try out when I'm in the mood for something a little different.