Paypal refused case

BrandBeanie

I am posting this here because I have no idea where

I have bought a 20$ gift card on G2A, I've never had any problems on g2a before, seller had great reviews.

The gift card is not working. I contact the seller, no response. I contact g2a, they tell me I have to contact the seller and tell me they can't do anything. I open a case on paypal. The case was denied, the seller won because they say yes, the item was delivered (even if I had told them I had the gift card but it IS NOT working)

Any idea?

Call PayPal

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Thats the issue when you use marketplace sites. PayPal usually sites with buyer, but since we are talking about digital content, its easier from them to just deny refund from you. G2A sells their insurance (Shield?) for a reason, and they have washed their hands as you didn't buy it. I don't remember if it was G2A or Kinguin, but others ToS says that they will cover first 48h after payment has gone through. After that they aren't responsible.

Overall, suck it up. With rather low sums your options are very limited. Learning from this is most you might get.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On Paypal you need to have the dispute escalated to a claim, they then send you a document you have to sign (may have even needed to notarize, can't remember for sure) that basically is you testifying you are telling the truth, and they give you your money back.

In my case it was for a lot of money and worth the hassle, no way would I do it for $20. Sold something as parts not working on eBay, and the buyer returned it 29 days later saying it didn't work... was torn apart from him trying to fix it and he returned after he realized he couldn't fix it, but it was now destroyed beyond all repair. Paypal sided with him multiple times and I just had to keep at it until they did the escalation.