What are some ways to calm down after going to gym?

BlockedTheShot

So i usually go to the gym 4 days a week and do this routine:

basketball shoot around, 1 on 1, drills

Pylometrics(depending on if it's leg day)

Lifting

power sled + quick sprint laps in the crossfit section of the gym(i usually skip this once or twice a week)

i think i might be overtraining as i feel i'm putting too much stress on the body(leg sometimes feel overused, cracking all the time and some difficulty sleeping)

Any ways i could try to mitigate stress on the body or calm down?

Damn....

Toning back the amount of training you do to a specific part of the body(the one that feels overused) wouldn't be a bad idea.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Cool down exercise, stretch and breathe.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Don't exercise 3 hours before bedtime, stretch before and after the muscles you are training, ice baths help, consider reducing the exercise you do. 

Just remember the stuff you do will affect the rest of your life if you overtrain.

1 hour ago, BlockedTheShot said:

basketball shoot around, 1 on 1, drills

Pylometrics(depending on if it's leg day)

Lifting

power sled + quick sprint laps in the crossfit section of the gym(i usually skip this once or twice a week)

i think i might be overtraining as i feel i'm putting too much stress on the body(leg sometimes feel overused, cracking all the time and some difficulty sleeping)

I train BJJ 5 days a week, for 9+ years, own my own gym etc - you need to ensure a couple things:

Nutrition - calories in, calories out.  Obviously better calories but a 1000 calorie cheeseburger isn't a bad thing post workout.  Don't get caught up in the hype of some diet killing your intake of calories.

Hydration - you aren't drinking enough water, I don't care what you say - carry a gallon jug with you everywhere and put lines on it for every hour your awake during the day.  Drink it down to that line by that hour etc.  Don't overdue it at first or you will get sick.  

Rest - Melatonin will become your friend.  Zzzquil for the bad nights.  STOP TRAINING SO LATE IN THE EVENINGS.  I stopped because I would get home from the gym and be wound up.  Now I train early in the mornings 1.5 hours per day.   

Take CARE of yourself - take HOT baths, Epsom salt baths, get that massage, take a cold (as you can stand) swim (or ice bath if your a savage level 2).

Topicals - Icy Hot Extra Strength, the active ingredient is Camphor (sp?) and it will help to be soothed.  Wash hands before touching genitals.  If you really want to do your own research on DMSO - I use it when needed.  I did hours of research and concluded its very safe, I use it when I pull a rib, elbow join injury etc to help sooth.  Again, research and use at own discretion.  Can buy it at local Farm store that carries horse products, no its not a steroid its a topical cure all lol.  

There is no need to mitigate the stress on your body - we survived the sabertooth tiger.  Our bodies are very durable.  Just take care of yourself.  

If you are a heavy drinker, its just going to hurt every day lol.  

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

But no lie...the day I don't wake up sore, stiff and not hurting - is the day I wake up dead.

Get into yoga it will change your life.  I plan on doing it till im 85, and yoga is key to that.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

6 hours ago, BlockedTheShot said:

basketball shoot around, 1 on 1, drills Legs

Pylometrics(depending on if it's leg day) Legs

Lifting Legs again

power sled + quick sprint laps in the crossfit section of the gym(i usually skip this once or twice a week) part time legs

Are you seeing a pattern lol, ease up on the leg workouts and you wont get that feeling. As for training at night, don't sweat it. I train @ 4am (i work night shift) and there's no problems, just make sure you're well rested and eat within your calorific reqs for gaining/losing weight and you'll be golden.

Warming up is obviously a good thing, but many forget the warm down. That's where you let your body go back into a calming rhythm and "de-stress" from the "intense" workout your body was just doing. The warm down is slow deliberate movements to calm the heart rate or lying down letting your muscles relax and sink into the ground etc.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2019 at 9:46 PM, Teddy07 said:

isn´t the point of exercising to calm down?

Not really, some people want to improve their athleticisim, strength, speed, etc.

Damn....

Meditate for an hour. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Bust a nut and go to sleep.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Stop taking steds.

Stinkpci5 3550. DDR3 1600mhz 8GB. Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3.0. Sapphire RX 570 Nitro 4GB oc. Noctua NH-L12. WD Black 600GB. Silverstone PSU 1KW. Advent 1440x900 75hz VGA monitor 1ms. Acer Veriton M464 chassis.

Self help guide.