Coolant truning transparent after 4 weeks

Hello there,

it's my first post here so please don't be judge me if I'm doing it wrong (And please don't kill me on grammar - english is not my native language). I've recently build my first ever custom waterloop pc. I've not spare in parts so I've orded everything directly from EK in Slovenia. The build was all fun and stuff but now after like 4.5 weeks my liquid looses it's color. I've read about the color fading but i haven't seen anything about it fading after 4 weeks. 

I've used the EK-CryoFuel Solid Cloud White (Conc. 250mL) and mixed it with destilled water as described on the label. 

My question now is: do I get any temperature or flow problem with the liquid losing its color? I've got no flowsensor and everything looks fine temperature wise but the color pigments have to go somewhere and I'm kinda afraid that become like plug and kill my loop.

I've given my system a good shake like a bottle and turned the pump up too 100% for a day now and in my opinion it made it even worse.

I'm thankfull for everyadvise you can give me.

P.S.: The spare mixed liquid I've got is sitting next to the tower and is still perfectly white.

Picture from  the setup.jpeg

Picture from today.jpeg

How much water? Doesn’t the concentrate only mix 900ml’s? 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

3 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

How much water? Doesn’t the concentrate only mix 900ml’s? 

As said by EK: "This 250ml concentrate is to be mixed in 750ml distilled water to form 1L of ready-to-use coolant." I did make 2L with two bottles of concentrate and two times 750ml of destilled water.

I have the same issues with my Mayhems Red die in distilled, i believe the copper and brass is absorbing the dye for me, in your case the particles in the fluid are becoming trapped and falling out of suspension, this will happen if the fluid isn't moving fast enough within your loop either due to restriction from blocks etc or the speed of your pump isn't fast enough.

This has been an issue people have been facing with the new EK fluid, I would contact them to see if they will give you a refund or send you another bottle. IIRC they said color loss could be related to not cleaning the loop properly similar to the issues Vue had

9 hours ago, Dreaper said:

This has been an issue people have been facing with the new EK fluid, I would contact them to see if they will give you a refund or send you another bottle. IIRC they said color loss could be related to not cleaning the loop properly similar to the issues Vue had

So I've contacted them and thats what they said:

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us today
?
It looks like the fluid has fallen out of suspension. You will need to drain the loop and clean the components and I would recommend making a rma as well and trying to get another bottle of fluid sent to you. To prevent this if you go with another solid fluid, I recommend shaking the bottle for about 60 seconds before actually putting it into your system and it should stay in suspension after that.
If you have any other questions or need any additional help please feel free to ask :)
Best regards, Chris

I will do as they recommended and see what will happen in 4-5 weeks.

I've set my pump speed to 35%(1381 rpm) until the cpu temps reach about 50 degrees than I rise it up to 60% and with 75 degree to a full 100%. Is this set up crap?

2 minutes ago, Moeschie said:

I've set my pump speed to 35%(1381 rpm) until the cpu temps reach about 50 degrees than I rise it up to 60% and with 75 degree to a full 100%. Is this set up crap?

Yes. The particles have fallen out of suspension because the fluid isn't moving through the loop enough, the particles are getting stuck in restrictive parts of your loop.

4 hours ago, Moeschie said:

I just keep my pump on 100%, you don't have to i guess you could do something like 50-90% all the time to make sure just depends on the pump

Spoiler
Spoiler

Hello i have the same with my ek solid fire orange after night turn to transparent :/ before i use mayhems without any problems but i buy my fluid from reseller in uk and i think problem is with the new fluids :(

33714D40-B9D2-4F98-884D-FBC81597E0B7.jpeg

74FA74BA-E6E9-4302-A475-A47DFA1853F9.jpeg

No reason not to keep your pump at 100% , unless for some reason its particularly loud. personaly i run my D5 vario at its max setting (5) all the time, and apart from the intial bleeding phase where microbubbles made the pump sound incredibly loud, its now quiet.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Would be the loudest thing in my system. Might as well turn my fans up too if that was ok. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

After contact with EK support they send me new coolant anyway EK havethe best support ever quick contact on EK discord and fast help :)  using pump at max speed is not solution for the problem i run my d5 at 20% to keep maximum quaiet and i never have any problems with pastel  

16 hours ago, Asmo71 said:

After contact with EK support they send me new coolant anyway EK havethe best support ever quick contact on EK discord and fast help :)  using pump at max speed is not solution for the problem i run my d5 at 20% to keep maximum quaiet and i never have any problems with pastel  

Well it could be a solution, but u wont no if u dismiss it and dont test it.

While pastel may be fine with slow pump speeds, perhaps the new Ek formula requires a higher flow rate. Just dismissing the idea and trying again 'could' potentialy lead to the same result, in which case you will come asking for advice again , somehwere, and will likely get the same advice given in regards to pump speed.

You may not like the idea of runnign at a higher speed, but if its what is required to use that coolant then you really only have 2 choices, change coolant or run at a higher speed.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

If ek fluid need high flow them they must inform but there is no information on package .. whatever its cant be like that when you off your conputer then fluid goes to transparent ... its look like that after night ,so you must run your pump 24h  on max rpm? This no make any sens 

On 2/22/2019 at 10:51 PM, Asmo71 said:

Your loop consists of what? Just because your loop is less restrictive of your pump has better pressure doesn't mean the OPs will match and gain the same results. What pump are you using? How many rads and blocks are in your loop? How many metres of tubing? I run my pump on max 24/7 and fail to see how you think this makes no sense when the optimal setting is to have your pump move 1L/ph.

With new bottle now is fine .. pump is d5 2x360 rad :) cpu and gpu block :) i think problem is with some part of coolants