Corsair AF 120 Quite Edition

Miiinkz

Can i use the corsair quite edition on a NZXT x42 rad. Reason why im asking is that buying the SP version cost more money where as i get the 120 AF for $20 if so would there be alarge margin of temps? On my current build my x42 140mm has a 120mm sp fan reason i have a 120mm on a 140mm is that there is clearance problems but i solved it by using a 120mm fan. Any inputs are helpful thanks

28 minutes ago, Miiinkz said:

Can i use the corsair quite edition on a NZXT x42 rad. Reason why im asking is that buying the SP version cost more money where as i get the 120 AF for $20 if so would there be alarge margin of temps? On my current build my x42 140mm has a 120mm sp fan reason i have a 120mm on a 140mm is that there is clearance problems but i solved it by using a 120mm fan. Any inputs are helpful thanks

How do you plan to mount the 120mm to a 140mm rad you will need an adapter plate, as for the AF series it will work on a radiator but it will be less effective than a pressure optimized fan. The difference won't be extremely large but definitely measurable.