How to show FPS in-game.

I am wondering how to make an On Screen Display show the current FPS in some of my games. I can't seem to get MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision to show the On Screen Display during gameplay. I just want to know what the current FPS is because some of my games seem a bit choppy at times and i'm wondering if it just my imagination or if I need to change something. I have tried setting the Globel Hotkeys but I press them and nothing comes up at all.

EDIT:I have been using MSI Afterburner but it won't come up in TitanFall beta(ended) or in Battlefield 3. How can I fix this?

Edited by GuestForeverX

My Gaming Bio thingy?  Anyhow I love co-op gaming so add me.   :) Skype/Origin/Uplay/Steam/Other -> "GuestForeverX"

Make sure Rivatuner is set to show on screen display with EVGA precision X.

CPU: i5 2500k (3.3 GH z) GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Seagate Barracuda Motherboard: MSI Z68A RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance (1600MHz) PSU: Seasonic M1211 750W Case: Corsair Carbide 300R Cooler: Intel Stock (For the mo)

fraps. very accurate and updates either every second or instantly. (you can choose which setting)

Well I finally gave fraps a go, I thought it was a video recording program that I had to buy, I had no idea it was free and could just be a simple FPS OSD.

What games are you running that won't display FPS with OSD? Msi afterburner is your best bet because you can monitor CPU and system memory usage.

Of you're playing Battlefield 4, you need to ensure you run it on 32bit not 64bit. You can check this by right clicking on BF4 on the Origin mrnu and clicking "properties".

If using MSI you need to activate what you want to display on the OSD. You can do this by opening MSI and clicking the 'monitor' tab than going down to the bottom and selecting what you want to display on the OSD.

Thanks for the input on MSI, and yep it was because I hadn't told the OSD what to display. It displays now  :). No games would display the OSD FPS

unless I found an in-game command, but with every game being different it is too much of a hassle to figure out all of the them.

Well it turns out I was just imagining it. Any time I thought it was being a bit slow it was actually still producing 60FPS. Still new to PC gaming =)

My Gaming Bio thingy?  Anyhow I love co-op gaming so add me.   :) Skype/Origin/Uplay/Steam/Other -> "GuestForeverX"

depends on the games , some games with console access have commands to show the FPS

HL/Source

Net_Graph (1/2/3)

cl_showfps 1 

BF4

perfoverlay.drawfps 1

for instance

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

• 1 month later...

I use MSI Afterburner to show the FPS on the LCD of my Logitech G510 Keyboard. Its great, because you can control what you want to see. Such as Temps, Usage, Fan Speed, FPS, etc...

But if you don't have an LCD on your keyboard, then Fraps works great, it shows the FPS in-game. And since your not recording or anything like that, it won't lag or mess with performance in any way. 

Actually, I had to use Fraps today, I had to use it for Thief (the new 2014 version), because Afterburner didn't show the FPS on my Keyboard LCD. I was getting a little stutter when I move around, so I wanted to check if I was getting FPS drops, so I had to turn on Fraps. It turned out that it wasn't the FPS that was dropping, I think it is the game itself, my GPU Drivers, or both, because everything else like my Temps, Usage and things like that, were completely fine.

Ultimate 900D Build - Build Log (In Progress) - TheTechGenius MODs

I use MSI Afterburner to show the FPS on the LCD of my Logitech G510 Keyboard. Its great, because you can control what you want to see. Such as Temps, Usage, Fan Speed, FPS, etc...

But if you don't have an LCD on your keyboard, then Fraps works great, it shows the FPS in-game. And since your not recording or anything like that, it won't lag or mess with performance in any way. 

Actually, I had to use Fraps today, I had to use it for Thief (the new 2014 version), because Afterburner didn't show the FPS on my Keyboard LCD. I was getting a little stutter when I move around, so I wanted to check if I was getting FPS drops, so I had to turn on Fraps. It turned out that it wasn't the FPS that was dropping, I think it is the game itself, my GPU Drivers, or both, because everything else like my Temps, Usage and things like that, were completely fine.

I have been using MSI afterburner. Which I like better than fraps because I can see temps and other info and MSI small pink is less noticeable compared to the fraps Yellow. New Question Though. Why Can't I get the OSD to pop up on certain games like Titanfall Beta and I recently am playing Battlefield 3 for the first time but I can't get the OSD to pop up on only those 2 games.

I have been using MSI afterburner. new Question Though. Why Can't I get the OSD to pop up on certain games like Titanfall Beta and I recently am playing Battlefield 3 for the first time but I can't get the OSD to pop up on only those 2 games.

Honestly, I have no idea lol. I don't play Titanfall, so I cannot comment on that, but I do play Battlefield, and the FPS doesn't show up for me either. Fraps does though, when Afterburner doesn't work for some games, I start up Fraps instead if I am having problems with FPS drops or anything with FPS.

Ultimate 900D Build - Build Log (In Progress) - TheTechGenius MODs

• 2 weeks later...

I have evga precision X letest version and i really like to keep an eye on my hardware temps in-game, i live in a hot country, i was surprised to see it won't show at all in thief 2014.

latest msi after burner worked, but i really don't like when a certain maker make a software feature exclusive for themselves.

hope they update soon, unless msi will still make it their exclusive feature.

i will get used to msi's after burner altough i prefer the evga ui.

yeh I'm using MSI afterburner still, and actually I got BF3 to start using the MSI Afterburner when I launch BF3 from Steam. So I figured out if a game isn't working, I launch it from steam then it works.