Motorola announces the Moto G7

IAmAndre
3 hours ago, DanielMDA said:

You are missing the G7 Plus, you should probably add it

Yep, doing it now. Thanks

I once planned to get an Asus Zenfone Max with a 5Ah battery and 5.5 inch display but then I saw 720p which was a deal breaker. Now G7 Power shoves that up to 6.2 inches? Yikes. Power saving is understandable but its 2019 hey... 

55 minutes ago, Mayushii said:

I once planned to get an Asus Zenfone Max with a 5Ah battery and 5.5 inch display but then I saw 720p which was a deal breaker. Now G7 Power shoves that up to 6.2 inches? Yikes. Power saving is understandable but its 2019 hey... 

Actually the G7 and G7 Plus have 1080p screens.

3 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

Actually the G7 and G7 Plus have 1080p screens.

Yeah but I'm talking about the G7 Power in particular. 

The price and specs are fine. It’s just not fair to compare Chinese value kings like the Xiaomi Mi 8 lite to this Motorola. It’s a different market entirely and it’s damn near impossible to out-value Xiaomi and other Chinese manufacturers. They often sell to break even or at a loss during flash sales. How do you compete with that!?

This Motorola G7 has a balanced spec sheet at a price people can afford. It’s a very boring product that will likely satisfy most people who don’t want the best camera or gaming performance.

43 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

The price and specs are fine. It’s just not fair to compare Chinese value kings like the Xiaomi Mi 8 lite to this Motorola. It’s a different market entirely and it’s damn near impossible to out-value Xiaomi and other Chinese manufacturers. They often sell to break even or at a loss during flash sales. How do you compete with that!?

This Motorola G7 has a balanced spec sheet at a price people can afford. It’s a very boring product that will likely satisfy most people who don’t want the best camera or gaming performance.

Considering that many of these phone makers like Xiaomi or Honor sell their devices on the European market, there's no excuse for Motorola. Plus Motorola can now be considered a Chinese manufacturer considering they have been acquired by a Chinese brand.

2 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

Considering that many of these phone makers like Xiaomi or Honor sell their devices on the European market, there's no excuse for Motorola. Plus Motorola can now be considered a Chinese manufacturer considering they have been acquired by a Chinese brand.

Eh...I guess you’re right. It’s truly a Lenovo product. 

And yet, the camera could be the saving grace. How is it compared to a Xiaomi? 

I mean...what are we paying for?

5 hours ago, kokakolia said:

I mean...what are we paying for?

That's the question :D