6.2" 720p screen

5000 mAh battery

Moto G7:

$299

Snapdragon 632

4GB of RAM

6.2" 1080p screen

3000 mAh battery

The phones will be widely available. They reach Brazil and Mexico today, with Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and North America following in the weeks and months ahead.

The phones aren't waterproof but they all include a headphone jack. They also don't have NFC, and are running Android Pie.

The Moto G lineup used to be a big deal, but now I think that Motorola is losing the cheap phone market. What we're essentially getting is a set of boring phones that aren't particularly good at anything. I understand that you can't expect a lot at this price range, and actually the price was the main feature of the Moto G lineups. But now there are so many better offers that I find this lineup very hard to recommend against other Chinese devices. For me the only model that actually stands out here is the Power variant with its 5000 mAh battery (combined with a low-res screen and power efficient SoC) that should guarantee 2 days of use at the very least. But then at the same price you can get a Honor Play with 4GB of RAM and a 1080p screen. The regular G7 costs the same as the Pocofone, which features a high-end CPU, and for a little more you can even get a used OnePlus 6 or a LG G7 on sale.

Now another good feature associated with these phones is the software aspect, but then again while you might keep receiving security patches, Motorola rarely releases more than one new Android versions for their devices. So overall I'm kind of disappointed with this announcement and I personally think that the best offer at this price range is the Honor Play or something like that.

EDIT: There is another device in this lineup, the G7 Plus.

This model won't be available in the US. It seems more interesting with a 6.2" Full HD+ screen, a Snapdragon 636, dual speakers, and a 3000 mAh battery with the latest Quick charge technology supporting up to 27W. The phone can be charged by up to 80% within 30 minutes, which I think is pretty impressive. It also supports Bluetooth 5.0 and has better front and rear facing cameras  It has been reviewed here: 

Now at $250 this would have been a pretty appealing offer. It has a retail price of £270, which is on par with the Honor Play so to me there's some competition between the two but the Play is the clear winner considering that it has a more powerful SoC and is sometimes available at $250 or so. I think this is what the regular G7 should have been.

hmmmmm. I don't understand the awesome value of the Moto X4, and then this....

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

WTF I was looking for the date of the post , 5.7-6.2' screen at 720p   XDD for 200-300$ oh well, can I say pocophone f1? ? 

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Its 2019 they cant give us more than 720p for $300?

Whats going on?

That's inaccurate -- the top-end G7 has a 1080p display.

5000mah is utterly insane.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

2 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

The Moto G lineup used to be a big deal, but now I think that Motorola is losing the cheap phone market. What we're essentially getting is a set of boring phones that aren't particularly good at anything. I understand that you can't expect a lot at this price range, and actually the price was the main feature of the Moto G lineups.

Well there is a reason for that.

Back in the G2-G3 days, Motorola was owned by Google, and it got a really good reputation back then because the price-performance was perfect and affordable for most people and it got actually decent updates, very rare back then (and still rare today).

Everyone that wanted a budget but decent phone bought a moto G, they got recommended everywhere, I personally have a G3 and i know other people who still have a G2 or G3 from back then.

However, a few years ago Google sold Motorola to Lenovo and things went downhill fast. Really fast, for 2 reasons.

1: prices were going up, not much but enough that it suddenly was no longer an interesting option.

2: they destroyed the updates. My G3 is a perfect example, it got launched when google was in change and they promised an upgrade to i think Nougat (7.whatever). Lenovo went "nope" and everyone else went "well f-you then i will buy something else). Including me, i still don't want a motorola anymore because of it.

Same thing for the E4 that was only a few months old when Lenovo went "nope" on the promised updates and made people mad everywhere.

Lenovo knows they dun goofed and are trying to fix it but i don't think they can bring the glory days when google owned it... One of my friends bought a G6 play a while ago and that one should get updated to Pie, but so far no updates at all soo yea... We'll see i guess.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Whats going on?

I'm seriously confused of what is up with them.  Even the X model line makes me wonder what is the deal with the crapper screens.

I mean, I'm still on an old butt Turbo 2 that has a better screen (AMOLED 2560 x 1440) and bigger battery (3,760mAh)  than even the new X models.  :I Like, wtf.

9 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Back in the G2-G3 days, Motorola was owned by Google, and it got a really good reputation back then because the price-performance was perfect and affordable for most people and it got actually decent updates, very rare back then (and still rare today).

Everyone that wanted a budget but decent phone bought a moto G, they got recommended everywhere, I personally have a G3 and i know other people who still have a G2 or G3 from back then.

However, a few years ago Google sold Motorola to Lenovo and things went downhill fast. Really fast, for 2 reasons.

1: prices were going up, not much but enough that it suddenly was no longer an interesting option.

2: they destroyed the updates. My G3 is a perfect example, it got launched when google was in change and they promised an upgrade to i think Nougat (7.whatever). Lenovo went "nope" and everyone else went "well f-you then i will buy something else). Including me, i still don't want a motorola anymore because of it.

Same thing for the E4 that was only a few months old when Lenovo went "nope" on the promised updates and made people mad everywhere.

Lenovo knows they dun goofed and are trying to fix it but i don't think they can bring the glory days when google owned it... One of my friends bought a G6 play a while ago and that one should get updated to Pie, but so far no updates at all soo yea... We'll see i guess.

Sure explains why I been disappointed with the past several releases since I got the Turbo 2.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

What the hell? I love Motorola but this is strange. 6.2" screens with 720p only? My Moto G5s plus has a 5.5" with 1080p ffs.

The g7 power is interesting because of the battery (and also I think 3Gb of ram is a sweetspot) but honestly, as OP said, boring.

Im really happy that I got my g5s plus right before the g6 series launched, I got it for a cheap price and IMO it is more interesting than any of these g7's 

EDIT: someone said that the high end model has a 1080p screen. If thats the case, thats better... But still, the one with the amazing battery is only 720p? If it had the battery AND the screen...

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

4 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

I'm seriously confused of what is up with them.  Even the X model line makes me wonder what is the deal with the crapper screens.

I mean, I'm still on an old butt Turbo 2 that has a better screen (AMOLED 2560 x 1440) and bigger battery (3,760mAh)  than even the new X models.  :I Like, wtf.

Sure explains why I been disappointed with the past several releases since I got the Turbo 2.

Same here, and even this line-up is somehow not good compared to what they had (i guess?)

If you look at the G6 play and compare it to the G7 play, you get less for your money now. Somehow?

G6 play has more battery and more ram for the same price and same size, doesn't make sense...

3 gig instead of 2 and 4000mah instead of 3000.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, samcool55 said:

Same here, and even this line-up is somehow not good compared to what they had (i guess?)

If you look at the G6 play and compare it to the G7 play, you get less for your money now. Somehow?

G6 play has more battery and more ram for the same price and same size, doesn't make sense...

3 gig instead of 2 and 4000mah instead of 3000.

Yeah, I was looking at the new X model line and went looking at the specs.

Crapper screen, smaller battery, even a rear camera with less MP compare to this old Turbo 2 (known as the Moto X Force outside the States).  Oh well, plan to put a new battery into this Turbo 2 instead(may research around and see if I can squeeze a slightly bigger mAh one in if I can).  Plus, have yet to even manage to break the screen on this phone with the few times it hit the ground (even straight on the screen too).

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Should have been 660, 675, 710

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Whats going on?

2 hours ago, Peskanova said:

WTF I was looking for the date of the post , 5.7-6.2' screen at 720p   XDD for 200-300$ oh well, can I say pocophone f1? ? 

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

That's inaccurate -- the top-end G7 has a 1080p display.

I updated the post. The higher end one has a 1080p display.

1 hour ago, samcool55 said:

I had a Moto G3 too and yeah I got so pissed when they cancelled the update. They now have nothing to differentiate themselves from the other Chinese brands.

13 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Whats going on?

Seriously... I use a Moto G4, my father has a G5 plus, and my mother a G6....
They all have 1080p displays and were all ~$200-220 at the time of purchase. They aren't the greatest phones, but they are perfect for those of us who just need something that is a step above a dumb phone. - Cause maaaan even the latest dumb phones are bad... Like you'd have a better experience in 2019 using a 10 year old smartphone bad.

If they wanted to make a cheaper lower end MotoG... Ok I could get it? But this is just weird.

3 hours ago, Sypran said:

Seriously... I use a Moto G4, my father has a G5 plus, and my mother a G6....
They all have 1080p displays and were all ~$200-220 at the time of purchase. They aren't the greatest phones, but they are perfect for those of us who just need something that is a step above a dumb phone. - Cause maaaan even the latest dumb phones are bad... Like you'd have a better experience in 2019 using a 10 year old smartphone bad.

If they wanted to make a cheaper lower end MotoG... Ok I could get it? But this is just weird.

Actually only the $300 variant has a 1080p screen.

30 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Actually only the $300 variant has a 1080p screen.

I know, Its still weird though,
Apparently the whole MotoG line has been increasing in price lately it seems... I guess I never noticed it since I guess my family has always got them on sale.
The G6 launched at $250. the G5+ at $230 (I don't think the States even got the regular Moto G5), and the G4 at $220 (that was the 16GB version, but Im 90% sure thats what I payed for a 32GB version)

The only one of this lineup I’d consider buying is the Power, because that T H I C C 5000 mAh battery. If these had better CPUs then I’d spring for them.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

The Motorola G series have been some of the best value smartphones the past few years. Let us hope these live up to the standard quality wise.

Interesting, the Play version with 3000 Mah battery and 720 P screen will likely last on battery a long time. Same for the power with 5000 MaH battery.

Also: if you look at what a compelling smartphone Motorola can build and sell for $199, it is utterly ridiculous how much overprices the so called "flagship" phones are at over $1000+. Sure, they have a few extra features, some better components here and there. But come on, seriously?

Snapdragon 632? Wow that's pretty awful considering some phones at that price have 660/710/821 which are far better in performance.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

On 2/7/2019 at 4:33 PM, huilun02 said:

Whats going on?

Well, Apple gives you 720p-ish for 800€ :P

In a way they aren't wrong really. You need eyes of a hawk to really see a difference betwen 720p and 1080p on such tiny screens. Tablets, sure, but phones, nah. Plus, battery lasts longer ith 720p.

i have had the G4 for two years, and its fine, does everything i need it to do, don't see me upgrading for another 2 year. I am not a really a phone user, i literally just use it to receive calls and as a sat nav for the car. It does these fine without an hiccup, only think i would change on it is the Camera, i would liked it to have taken photos in RAW format, but for under £200 i couldn't really expect this.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

3 hours ago, it_dont_work said:

So my almost 2 year old moto x4 is cheaper and better speced than a new release ? 

How much did you pay for your Moto X4, though?

9 hours ago, Commodus said:

How much did you pay for your Moto X4, though?

Close to $330 USD, I'm in Australia though so the price conversion doesn't work well. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

On 2/7/2019 at 8:48 AM, IAmAndre said:

Source: Android Authority

Motorola just announced 3 different models for its Moto G7 lineup:

Moto G7 Play:

$199

Snapdragon 632

2GB of RAM

5.7" 720p screen

3000 mAh battery

Moto G7 Power:

$250

Snapdragon 632

3GB of RAM

6.2" 720p screen

5000 mAh battery

Moto G7:

$299

Snapdragon 632

4GB of RAM

6.2" 1080p screen

3000 mAh battery

The phones aren't waterproof but they all include a headphone jack. They also don't have NFC, and are running Android Pie.

The Moto G lineup used to be a big deal, but now I think that Motorola is losing the cheap phone market. What we're essentially getting is a set of boring phones that aren't particularly good at anything. I understand that you can't expect a lot at this price range, and actually the price was the main feature of the Moto G lineups. But now there are so many better offers that I find this lineup very hard to recommend against other Chinese devices. For me the only model that actually stands out here is the Power variant with its 5000 mAh battery (combined with a low-res screen and power efficient SoC) that should guarantee 2 days of use at the very least. But then at the same price you can get a Honor Play with 4GB of RAM and a 1080p screen. The regular G7 costs the same as the Pocofone, which features a high-end CPU, and for a little more you can even get a used OnePlus 6 or a LG G7 on sale.

Now another good feature associated with these phones is the software aspect, but then again while you might keep receiving security patches, Motorola rarely releases more than one new Android versions for their devices. So overall I'm kind of disappointed with this announcement and I personally think that the best offer at this price range is the Honor Play or something like that.

You are missing the G7 Plus, you should probably add it