Ram frequency jumping up and down

So i had a Crsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000hmz DDR4 kit and just got 16 more and out of the box they came with the speed 2133hmz. so i just overclocked it to 3000 and in CAM software shows that the speed is jumping from 2999.52mhz to 3001.75mhz and CPU-Z is showing NB Frequency jumping from 3997hmz to 1400mhz and to 4100mhz is how ever task maneger shows 3000 is that normal or i have done something wrong?

NB Frequency is something totally different that doesn't really matter, it's a holdover from when northbridges were a thing, before integrated memory controllers. Only look at DRAM frequency. It will be showing half of what your memory frequency is, because DDR stands for double data rate.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

13 minutes ago, PASHKA said:

So i had a Crsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000hmz DDR4 kit and just got 16 more and out of the box they came with the speed 2133hmz. so i just overclocked it to 3000 and in CAM software shows that the speed is jumping from 2999.52mhz to 3001.75mhz and CPU-Z is showing NB Frequency jumping from 3997hmz to 1400mhz and to 4100mhz is how ever task maneger shows 3000 is that normal or i have done something wrong?

All of those frequencies are related to the Bus Frequency/Clock which is supposed to be at 100mhz, but it fluctuates so everything else also fluctuates, it's totally normal and that's a stable Bus Frequency, other boards have it much worse.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

@PASHKAthose small fluctuations are just because of software, BCLK is a lot more stable than that and even though spread spectrum will likely be applied it will average out between sampling unless the samples are super short. Try ThrottleStop if you want to see a stable BCLK. Alternatively disable C-State package states C3 and C6 as CPU-z seems to get a little lost when they are enabled. NB frequency is your cache clock and usually goes up and down with core clock but usually not as high as core maximum ratio. Some chips also enable cache to be set independently of core.

AWOL

• 6 months later...