Repair Mackbook with water damage

First off if there is anywhere where this was already discussed please let me know.  I am trying to repair a Macbook that had a large glass of water dropped on the keyboard. Upon opening it up there is corrosion in a few places and there is one moisture  indicator that has turn red. It is the one located right next to the display connection. ? my plan thus far is to take out the logic board to inspect it further and use some IPA to clean off the corrosion. I am really just wondering how should I go about testing the hardware to see what parts are functional. Any help and direction would be greatly appreciated and if I need to post this somewhere else let me know. This is the time that I need the great LTT community. Thanks, Coin. 

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

NOW THATS ALOTA DAMAGE!

Jokes aside, your best bet is to clean up that corrosion then let the laptop sit with a fan blowing on the logic board for a couple days before trying to boot it up

Do i Recommend Ryzen? Yes. All of the Yes.

Main Rig Specs - BIG BOI

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9Ghz

ASUS Gaming TUF B450 Micro-ATX

2x4Gb HyperX DDR4 @2133

GTX 1070 Founders Edition

Corsair Crystal 280X

500Gb SanDisk Sata SSD, 1Tb 7200RPM Hdd

EVGA 500 Watt 80+ Bronze

EKWB A240

3 hours ago, zombieshy_guy81 said:

NOW THATS ALOTA DAMAGE!

Jokes aside, your best bet is to clean up that corrosion then let the laptop sit with a fan blowing on the logic board for a couple days before trying to boot it up

I am wondering if there is a possibility of  damaging still functioning components if I try booting up with faulty ones installed. If that makes any sense. I never took any computer science lessons.

1 hour ago, coinathan said:

I am wondering if there is a possibility of  damaging still functioning components if I try booting up with faulty ones installed. If that makes any sense. I never took any computer science lessons.

dwehh9xzacr11.png&f=1

but yes there is a chance, but tbh it's the same chance you'd had if you took it to an "Apple Genius" that will literally do the same as you, try to turn it on.

as others stated above take everything apart, clean with IPA and let dry for the whole night (a couple of days is kind of an exaggeration)

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I cleaned the logic board as well as I could when I powered it on everything worked the keyboard the back light and screen. however after having it on for a little while the screen and keyboard back light flickered. I shut the whole thing down again and checked the connection  to the battery thinking it was a power now I don't  get anything.