what metal does this mbd watercooling block use?

Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS XTREME WATERFORCE EATX LGA1151 Motherboard

^the motherboard in question

anybody have any idea what metal they use in the watercooling block so I know which metals to use in my radiators, GPU block, etc...?

Just now, Dissitesuxba11s said:

More than likely it's nickel-plated copper. Aluminum waterblocks are usually sold in specific kits.

yeah but the waterblock comes with the motherboard, i want to make sure i get the right thing so "more than likely" isn't really an option, especially since the build isn't for me.

Almost certainly going to be copper based with nickel plating. Best to contact Gigabyte support to make sure though.

If they used Aluminum and didn't say so, I'd be really disappointed with Gigabyte.

It better be copper if it costs $900.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Almost certainly going to be copper based with nickel plating. Best to contact Gigabyte support to make sure though.

If they used Aluminum and didn't say so, I'd be really disappointed with Gigabyte.

Just now, BobVonBob said:

It better be copper if it costs $900.

i found a techpowerup thread that said it was nickel plated copper, but i'll check with gigabyte support to be sure.

Just now, BootyDustBandit said:

i found a techpowerup thread that said it was nickel plated copper, but i'll check with gigabyte support to be sure.

As far as I can see, they don't mention the material anywhere. I've searched through the manuals as well.

If they did use aluminum, they're idiots as they will have made their motherboard's block incompatible with the watercooled GPUs they offer.

I like that you can't find the info online then you come here and give condescending, smug responses to people who are trying to help you but can't give you a 100% answer because, as you no doubt learned yourself, the info isn't online.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
 .'.((      ( ^ `>     )).'.
/`'- \'._____\ (_____.'/ -'`\
|-''`.'------' '------'.`''-|
|.-'`.'.'.`/ | | \`.'.'.`'-.|
 \ .' . /  | | | |  \ . '. /
  '._. :  _|_| |_|_  : ._.'
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

Just weigh it. If it is heavy it is nickel plated copper if it us light it is aluminium. To be shure disassemble the block and measure its volume by submerging the metal part in water and measure a displacment volume. Divide it by its mass, you will get its density. After that open the wiki for copper and check its density. If it is a close match it is copper. If not it is something else. If it looks like nickel but it is light it might by nickel plated aluminium but it is very unlikely .

If it is really heavy and it is yellowish (goldish) colour it must be gold for almost a thousand dollars it must be gold!!!

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop