Fractal S36 AiO

Kenjo

So i have an Fractal S36 AiO cooler hooked up in my system and lately since switching to an i9 9900k its making a weird "HDD Read and write" noise... im guessing you all know what noise im talking about... i have had the case on its side and upright ( phanteks p400 tg ) but sound is still there... i have been approved an RMA with the shop i bought it at , they have offered me a chance to replace it with a same unit or pay/receive the difference of another brand of choice been looking at the h150i pro ;)

Should i be worried though about this AiO and the noise.. its frustrating since im running 2x m.2 drives just because i want the system as silent as possible ;)

i've been running my S36 for about a year now i think, and have zero issues with it so far, as for pump noise i can't hear it what so ever. (runs at 2000rpm)

if you didn't have this noice before it's mostlikely air in the block/pump after moving it around to swap cpu's.

try to tilt your case in such a way your radiator stays the highest point so the air can go up into the radiator instead of being thrown around in the pump/block.

if you know for sure it isn't air bubbles causing the noise i would rma.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

I have an S36, have had it for about 2 years now.  It's been replaced once for a failed pump.  Even right before the pump failed it didn't make any noise.  Possibly air bubbles in the radiator or a fan bearing or a wire hitting fan blades.

All those AIO choices are likely going to be Asetek pumps, albeit perhaps of different generations.

2 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

I have an S36, have had it for about 2 years now.  It's been replaced once for a failed pump.  Even right before the pump failed it didn't make any noise.  Possibly air bubbles in the radiator or a fan bearing or a wire hitting fan blades.

All those AIO choices are likely going to be Asetek pumps, albeit perhaps of different generations.

it aint no wiring hitting any fans its neatly tucked away and routed away from any fans but nice suggestion though.... its got that clicky noise churning noise an HDD makes.... really frustrating

On 2/4/2019 at 3:19 AM, Kenjo said:

it aint no wiring hitting any fans its neatly tucked away and routed away from any fans but nice suggestion though.... its got that clicky noise churning noise an HDD makes.... really frustrating

have you tried unplugging the fans to see if the clicking noise continues?

On 2/9/2019 at 2:33 AM, PineyCreek said:

have you tried unplugging the fans to see if the clicking noise continues?

i sent it for RMA since shop said .. NO ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO MAKE THAT KIND OF NOISE ;) ... running with an s24 atm that i borrowed of a friend and it keeps the cpu 2-4c coooler and NO clicking ;)

52 minutes ago, Kenjo said:

i sent it for RMA since shop said .. NO ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO MAKE THAT KIND OF NOISE ;) ... running with an s24 atm that i borrowed of a friend and it keeps the cpu 2-4c coooler and NO clicking ;)

Peace of mind's always a good thing.

On 2/10/2019 at 8:47 AM, PineyCreek said:

Peace of mind's always a good thing.

Well now i have to wait for the shop to actually hear the same thing and notice the same things.. i have 0 confidence though ... if they play music loudly they wont hear it... :(