Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!

this is what happens when I start Apex and Valorant doesn't use the P106 and uses the cpu IGPU 

Screenshot (24).png

On 9/5/2022 at 9:04 AM, finalfighter said:

hoping someone can point me in the right direction. i have a p106-100 that works great. just redid  the thermal pads and paste. my problem is that i have a r5 5600x and no igpu. i purchased an r5 240 to use as a display out but after going threw the steps to modify and install the drivers along with setting up everything in regedit i cannot switch windows to use the p106-100 as the primary render device. if i disable the drivers for the r5 240 i can but the refresh is horrible. if anyone knows how to make this work i would appreciate it.

I have seen this advice:

- install the modified driver on P106

- install driver on AMD video card

- EnableMsHybrid=1 on NVIDIA

- EnableMsHybrid=2 on AMD

- reboot

I can't check it because I don't have a second video card.

*** Thread cleaned ***

Asking and offering donations or buying services or virtual stuff is not allowed here. Related posts have been removed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 minutes ago, illario said:

You said about EnableMsHybrid?

It's all about old 417.32 driver.

With 417.32 you can edit 2 inf files OR just set registry key AdapterType to 0 (or use nvidia-smi.exe to switch card from TCC mode to WDDM mode... this utility did the same - changed the registry key). Both methods give 3D acceleration support on 417.32.

EnableMsHybrid was optional step to make Nvidia control panel work.

Since the user has deleted the link, here is a video of how to do it and I will see how he did it to replicate it with the latest versions of the driver.

the link is on the description.

windows 11 or 10? 10de:1c07 10de:0000 are my pci ids on linux. can't seam to  isolate the gpu tho. even with immou it detects in host os

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

18 hours ago, dartraiden said:

Teaser: modded driver with VALID signature Maybe this will make the anti-cheats happy.

mmc_IAiR72i6YI.png.6d966b55bb1ba50b8366b76f330a5e1e.png

It can be installed without testsigning mode.

Some things still don't work, need more tests...

I have communicated with illario, and have completed the 516.94 modded driver, the usage method is exactly the same as illario's modded driver。Sorry, my English is not good

Patch 516.94 is here:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XEpfGS3HSBOhuLfimoi_HUWAWcvL4quf/view?usp=sharing

屏幕截图 2022-09-14 005230.jpg

18 hours ago, dartraiden said:

Teaser: modded driver with VALID signature Maybe this will make the anti-cheats happy.

mmc_IAiR72i6YI.png.6d966b55bb1ba50b8366b76f330a5e1e.png

It can be installed without testsigning mode.

Some things still don't work, need more tests...

Can you share this method with me? let me complete the modded driver further。Sorry, my English is not good

On 9/9/2022 at 6:57 AM, jbcgames said:

Since the user has deleted the link, here is a video of how to do it and I will see how he did it to replicate it with the latest versions of the driver.

the link is on the description.

We talked on YouTube,You can try my modded driver, 516.94

In short (assuming you already patched all files)

• Unpack all files with extension ending in _ (bi_, dl_, sy_, ic_, ex_), so example.dl_ turns into example.dll, etc (use 7-Zip, WinRAR)
  • Rename unpacked nviccadvancedcoloridentity.ic to nviccadvancedcoloridentity.icm
  • Delete old nv_disp.cat
  • Generate new nv_disp.cat (inf2cat utility comes with WDK): inf2cat /driver:"<path_to_Display.Driver>" /os:10_X64
  • Delete all unpacked files from step 1 (they were only needed to create .cat)
  • Sign nv_disp.cat by any non-revoked cert (Binzhoushi or Henan)
  • Add fake timestamp: signtool timestamp /t "http://tsa.pki.jemmylovejenny.tk/SHA1/2015-01-01T00:00:00" nv_disp.cat

Attention! The date passed to the timestamp server in the url must fall within the range when the certificate was valid (i.e, 2015-01-01 for Binzhoushi, 2018-01-01 for Henan, etc)

cQhxYVg.gif

Install driver as usual, testsigning on is not required anymore. The bad news is that it doesn't make anti-cheats happy. Anti-cheats react to incorrect digital signature of dlls. But any attempt to remove incorrect signatures from dlls or sign them leads to the inoperability of the driver (missing 3D acceleration support).

39 minutes ago, chenmoyu said:

Hablamos en YouTube, puedes probar mi controlador modificado, 516.94

of course, i will prove this and upload video on a short time

24 minutes ago, dartraiden said:

In short (assuming you already patched all files 😞

• Unpack all files with extension ending in _ (, , , , ), so example.dl_ turns into example.dll, etc (use 7-Zip, WinRAR) bi_dl_sy_ic_ex_
  • Rename unpacked nviccadvancedcoloridentity.ic to nviccadvancedcoloridentity.icm
  • Delete old nv_disp.cat
  • Generate new nv_disp.cat (inf2cat utility comes with WDK): inf2cat /driver:"<path_to_Display.Driver>" /os:10_X64
  • Add fake timestamp: signtool timestamp /t "http://tsa.pki.jemmylovejenny.tk/SHA1/2015-01-01T00:00:00" nv_disp.cat

Attention! The date passed to the timestamp server in the url must fall within the range when the certificate was valid (i.e, 2015-01-01 for Binzhoushi, 2018-01-01 for Henan, etc)

cQhxYVg.gif

Install driver as usual, testsigning on is not required anymore. The bad news is that it doesn't make anti-cheats happy. Anti-cheats react to incorrect digital signature of dlls. But any attempt to remove incorrect signatures from dlls or sign them leads to the inoperability of the driver (missing 3D acceleration support).

So frustrating and no real progress and doesn't make the steps easier

28 minutes ago, dartraiden said:

• Unpack all files with extension ending in _ (, , , , ), so example.dl_ turns into example.dll, etc (use 7-Zip, WinRAR) bi_dl_sy_ic_ex_
  • Delete old nv_disp.cat

cQhxYVg.gif

The final solution is still Nvidia's signature.☹️

3 minutes ago, chenmoyu said:

The final solution is still Nvidia's signature.

Or finding some checks that preventing dlls from loading.

I still can't figure out why dlls only work with corrupted (!) original signatures. As soon as we remove the signatures at all or make the signatures valid, the dlls stop working.

9 minutes ago, chenmoyu said:

and doesn't make the steps easier

It does if you use BitLocker. Otherwise, every driver update will require you to pause BitLocker and turn off secure boot.

6 hours ago, chenmoyu said:

Patch 516.94 is here:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XEpfGS3HSBOhuLfimoi_HUWAWcvL4quf/view?usp=sharing

It seems that your patch breaks the driver for all other gpus. I got 2 gpus installed in my pc for (multiple monitor setup) a gtx 650 ti and a p106-100. The gtx 650ti cant be used with this driver unlike illario's modded driver

2 hours ago, Kitsios said:

It seems that your patch breaks the driver for all other gpus. I got 2 gpus installed in my pc for (multiple monitor setup) a gtx 650 ti and a p106-100. The gtx 650ti cant be used with this driver unlike illario's modded driver

You need to know that Nvidia's support for Kepler ends at 472.12, and the 5xx doesn't have the 650ti in the support list. So two graphics cards can't work together on 516.94. My modded driver only provides support for p106-100 and p106-90.

屏幕截图 2022-09-14 094538.jpg

屏幕截图 2022-09-14 095119.jpg

2 hours ago, Kitsios said:

If you need to use both 650ti and p106, please use 472.12 and previous versions

20 hours ago, dartraiden said:

• Unpack all files with extension ending in _ (bi_, dl_, sy_, ic_, ex_), so example.dl_ turns into example.dll, etc (use 7-Zip, WinRAR)
  • Delete old nv_disp.cat

cQhxYVg.gif

anticheat? is it a steam game thats free i could test with? given i am on linux, but have proton so could be possible to see if anticheat flags here. on a p104, so may be slightly better/worse, performance but could try. would try in a virtual machine cause i need it for unity, but immou seams broken. so would be host try. think i quoted wrong. person whoo said anti cheat issue i meant to ask. not been on heavily quoted pages often sorry

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb