High idle CPU temps after cleaning radiator

Today, cleaned out 3 years worth of dust out of my Corsair H100i GTX water cooler, and also switch the fans to pull air into the case so that there is overall positive pressure within my case. As a result of this, my CPU temps have skyrocketed from 35-40 to 80-100c. While cleaning the radiator I did not remove the cooler from the CPU. The thermal paste is unchanged, all conditions should be identical. I don't know what is causing this, I have increased the fan speed and pump speed to maximum to avoid bsod. 

Any suggestions? 

PC:
i5 4690k (currently not overclocked obviously)

8gb 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance

GTX 970 MSI

Asrock Fatality Killer Z97

550w Corsair power supply

Just now, _d0nut said:

is the radiator dry?

As far as I know, no. It was working perfectly yesterday and I have discovered no leaks. When moving the radiator, you can hear water splooshing around. 

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Does the pump in fact work?

Corsair linked shows a readout of ~3000rpm and one tube is really warm while the other is cool. If the pump was not working, both tubes would likely be warm. 

If the fans and pump are both running correctly, perhaps swap them back the way they were before and see if that fixes things. From what you described nothing much should have happened, but obviously something did.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

15 minutes ago, Gordo Gato81 said:

Today, cleaned out 3 years worth of dust out of my Corsair H100i GTX water cooler, and also switch the fans to pull air into the case so that there is overall positive pressure within my case. As a result of this, my CPU temps have skyrocketed from 35-40 to 80-100c. While cleaning the radiator I did not remove the cooler from the CPU. The thermal paste is unchanged, all conditions should be identical. I don't know what is causing this, I have increased the fan speed and pump speed to maximum to avoid bsod. 

Any suggestions? 

PC:

GTX 970 MSI

Sounds like its improperly mounted (monkey tight...not gorilla tight).  If its hitting those temps right away anyhow.  Or pump failure could be this as well.  Did you forget Thermal Paste? 

EDIT - I just read your post sorry I breezed through it the first time.

If its taking 5 minutes or so to hit those temps...are you sure your fans are spinning the right way?

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Apply new thermal paste, after 3 year would be good to put some new one on there, and that helps with the problem that it might be that the CPU block is not seated properly anymore could be that you loosened it while cleaning the radiator.

2 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Sounds like its improperly mounted (monkey tight...not gorilla tight).  If its hitting those temps right away anyhow.  Or pump failure could be this as well.  Did you forget Thermal Paste? 

EDIT - I just read your post sorry I breezed through it the first time.

If its taking 5 minutes or so to hit those temps...are you sure your fans are spinning the right way?

Fans are spinning at max, the pump is at max, CPU hasn't been unmounted since the change. The fans are pushing hella air so airflow is not the issue.

2 minutes ago, SoreRaito said:

Apply new thermal paste, after 3 year would be good to put some new one on there, and that helps with the problem that it might be that the CPU block is not seated properly anymore could be that you loosened it while cleaning the radiator.

I am definitely going to try that, tomorrow once the shops open. 

50 minutes ago, Gordo Gato81 said:

I am definitely going to try that, tomorrow once the shops open. 

I assume you moved the radiator to a lower point than the CPU block during the cleaning procedure, this may have moved an air pocket from the radiator into the pump block that needs to be moved around so that the CPU block is submerged in fluid and able to move liquid again. You should shake the system around and if possible shake the cpu/pump block while the radiator is in a higher position.

If you moved the radiator through a different axis it could've caused an air pocket to move. I found with my old 120mm AIO antec cooler that whenever I laid the comptuer flat & then stood it back up quickly, I'd then have to hold it at a weird angle to get rid of what I can only guess is an air pocket in the pipes. Temps would shoot up & it'd whine like a mofo, but laying it flat and slowly raising it up again would fix it. Maybe try this with the case open so you can listen to it, it'll make a rushing bubbly kinda sound as it happens, and sit in the bios watching the temp change.

22 hours ago, Gordo Gato81 said:

Any suggestions? 

PC:

GTX 970 MSI

IMO it is 3 years old and you probably caused air to move causing your issue. Also if you rotated it where pipes are on the top rather than bottom for example then it might not be flowing like it should due to the evaporation over the years taking a toll.

I would contact Corsair and see about a RMA as you have about 2 years left of warranty if it is 3 or so years old.

I have same issue as well

After cleaning the dust without removing any thing 

My cpu went up to 100c when it just boot into windows 

It will went down to 50-60c  when idle but if I launch any application the temp will sky rocket again till 90c and will just hover between 70c to 95c 

If I not mistaken my h115i is at least 6 years old 

Could it be I accidentally knock loose thr cpu block that connect to the cpu? 

Or the air pocket was form when I move my case?