Please Fold For Her

Hello LinusTechTips Forums.

Today I found out my cousin has leukemia. She just started chemotherapy earlier this afternoon. She is only 19 years old. What I am asking of everyone is simply to fold for just one more hour a day for her. If you already fold 24/7, I thank you with all my heart. If all of us fold for one more hour each day, we could get a lot more work done, and hopefully we could get some crucial information. Just the thought would help significantly.

Thank you everyone.

My System: CPU: Intel i5 3570K GPU: 2x Radeon HD 7950 (crossfire)  RAM: Patriot Viper Extreme 16GB 1600MHz Mobo: ASUS Maximus V Formula HDD: 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB (Raid 0), 1x WD Caviar Red 2TB, 1x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair AX850 Gold  -  CPU+Graphics cards watercooled by full custom loop. 

Really sorry to hear that! That's what we are here for - FOLD FOLD FOLD!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I was reading this and while I felt extremely sorry for your cousin having leukemia I started laughing when I saw " one more hour a day " because my rig runs 24/7. (This is before I read the next sentence) So I was wondering how I could run 25/7, but hopefully your cousin will recover from leukemia. I hope the best to you and her, I'm still going to be here folding and I'll have that on my mind while I fold.

Thank you guys. It means a lot.

My System: CPU: Intel i5 3570K GPU: 2x Radeon HD 7950 (crossfire)  RAM: Patriot Viper Extreme 16GB 1600MHz Mobo: ASUS Maximus V Formula HDD: 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB (Raid 0), 1x WD Caviar Red 2TB, 1x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair AX850 Gold  -  CPU+Graphics cards watercooled by full custom loop. 

I'm folding almost 24/7, pausing only when I'm gaming. I'm sure that it's a matter of time for someone to find at least more efficient treatments for this diseases, and I want to be part fo this.

I have 2 computers folding 24/7. Unless im playing games on my main PC or my temps get above 70c then i just lower the usage to medium.

Luckily we are in the midst of the Chip Challenge, so a lot of folding is getting done. My grandpa has had cancer 3 times (but he's still going strong), so I'll do my best.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

I a have myself recovered from cancer, my best wishes to your cousin, I am sure she will be okay.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

I was reading this and while I felt extremely sorry for your cousin having leukemia I started laughing when I saw " one more hour a day " because my rig runs 24/7. (This is before I read the next sentence) So I was wondering how I could run 25/7, but hopefully your cousin will recover from leukemia. I hope the best to you and her, I'm still going to be here folding and I'll have that on my mind while I fold.
O/C more :D

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

I lost my dad to leukemia, so when i found out about folding i jumped on it. had to stop because it got too hot here in summer but ill be folding again now that summer is done :)

Hey dude, ill fold for your cousin :), Just a note for you all, leukemia is cancer of the blood/bone marrow if you dont know. Im on the Anthony nolan bone marrow register, which can help save lives of people with this cancer. if you want to find out more watch this video.