What order does the packets go in this case.

Tedstonegenious
Go to solution Solved by brwainer,

If both computers are in the same subnet (for a home network this basically means if the first three parts of their IP, like 192.168.1 match) then they will directly communicate with each other and not talk to the router. 

I have my wired network set up in roughly this configuration. 

And I have a wired connection solely so I can use steam In-home streaming for my Personal rig in my room to the tv Connected to the computer. This is vastly better than wireless at 5Ghz. But, in this case, will the data go through the switch directly to the TV computer. Or will it get sent towards the router and then go to the TV computer, adding latency. I'm not having any problems with this setup, I am just curious. As the most competitive thing I do online is casual mode Rocket league. 

wired setup

If both computers are in the same subnet (for a home network this basically means if the first three parts of their IP, like 192.168.1 match) then they will directly communicate with each other and not talk to the router. 

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Only if the packet need to get to another subnet that it would have to go thru the router.  But in the case you had a Managed switch and your Computer and TV were on different VLANs, therefor different subnets, then yes it would have to go thru your router (and you had to configure the routes on your router too).  But that is too much information :P