mic wont work because of monitor? lol

Xtenchen

okay i have a razer electra v2 headset witch has the headphone and mic cables so u have to plug it into the audio jacks in the back of my pc, how ever i bought a 24inch dell u2414h monitor witch connects thru hdmi to my gpu, but my headset only works if i plug it directly into the back of the monitor, and there only 1 port for headphones so i cant plug in a mic. i realize i can buy an adaper that will turn both of the audio cables into usb then i can use it that way, but is there another way to make my headset work?

ps even if i plug just headphone into the back of my pc i still get no sound so the monitor forces something be connected to it if u want sound so now my pc audio inputs are useless? why would they do this to a monitor this is a decent monitor worth around 300$

You can still plug the audio in to your PC if you have a monitor with sound inputs. You either don't have the drivers installed, are connecting to the wrong ports, or haven't set the device in the sound settings.

if you're running windows 10, go to volume control on your taskbar, click on the monitor name that should be above the volume controller, should come up with a list and you should find your headset there, I have to do that, also be aware that certain games once you load it up through one audio device, won't switch back so if you want to go from monitor to headset you'll have to restart the game, I know GTA V does this, not sure of many others. 

PS this is with your headset plugged into your PC, wanted to clarify this in case you tried it with the monitor and came back saying it wasn't in the list. 

on the right screen u can see, when i open sound options and i click dropdown box nothing else pops up, like no other options. also when i click volume control and i click my monitor itdoes nothing the only thing it lets me do from there is mute, thanks for replys

soundprobs.png

I had that monitor before, pretty sure it does not support sound input.

Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia Quadro P400 | Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX | Klevv Bolt XR 2x8GB DDR4-3600 CL18

Acer Chromebook C720 @ GalliumOS