Best GPU for 1440p gaming?

NathanielCE
Go to solution Solved by Zeitec,
On 1/15/2019 at 4:43 AM, Mick Naughty said:

Again, with no budget being mentioned, 1070. 

He said cheapest, meaning he'll spend as much as he has to to get that experience and no more. You don't need to know the budget to give him that. And you're right, a 1070 is the minimum. 1060 won't really do that in AAA games (it'll be close, but not quite) and there's nothing between a 1060 and 1070. 

On 1/15/2019 at 4:43 AM, Mick Naughty said:

Again, with no budget being mentioned, 1070. 

He said cheapest, meaning he'll spend as much as he has to to get that experience and no more. You don't need to know the budget to give him that. And you're right, a 1070 is the minimum. 1060 won't really do that in AAA games (it'll be close, but not quite) and there's nothing between a 1060 and 1070. 

Main System: EVGA GTX 1080 SC, i7 8700, 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15, Asus Z370 Prime A, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R5, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo
Secondary System: EVGA GTX 780ti SC, i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb DDR3 1600mhz, MSI Z77 G43, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R4, 3TB WD Caviar Blue, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo

A 980 Ti will work as well as a 1070. Keep in mind that a 980 Ti uses way more power though, and not all PSU's can support it. Mine takes two 8-pin connectors.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

-= Locked =-

-= Topic Cleaned =-

This has run its course. Topic has been answered ... moving on.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER