Is the H60 a good choice?

Courage the Cowardly Dog

It's not the worst choice out there but you'll probably be better off going for an air cooler if you're looking at that price range.

I'd personally go for the Arctic Freezer 33 eSports ONE. 

If your heart's set on liquid cooling then the H60 is a pretty decent choice.

Not really. 120mm AiOs are bad in general. You can get air cooler for the same price that will perform better.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Just now, PopsicleHustler said:

Not really. 120mm AiOs are bad in general. You can get air cooler for the same price that will perform better.

H60's decent for a 120mm AIO. It's only a tiny bit worse than the NH-D15/LGM etc and matches the macho direct/windale 6/scythe mugen etc.

Just now, 1kv said:

It's not the worst choice out there but you'll probably be better off going for an air cooler if you're looking at that price range.

I'd personally go for the Arctic Freezer 33 eSports ONE. 

If your heart's set on liquid cooling then the H60 is a pretty decent choice.

I'm not set on that specific cooler, would just like a suggestion as to what would be optimal for that processor in a gaming rig.

H60's fine if you really want to go AIO but I recommend macho direct for max perf/price

3 minutes ago, ears_ears said:

H60's fine if you really want to go AIO but I recommend macho direct for max perf/price

What's your take on the H100i RGB? or should I just stick to air cooling in general?

Just now, Courage the Cowardly Dog said:

What's your take on the H100i RGB?

overpriced

5 minutes ago, Courage the Cowardly Dog said:

I'm not set on that specific cooler, would just like a suggestion as to what would be optimal for that processor in a gaming rig.

Air cooling would definitely be better in your case. Unless you'll be running a 240mm AIO and overclocking there's no point in liquid cooling. 

2 minutes ago, 1kv said:

Air cooling would definitely be better in your case. Unless you'll be running a 240mm AIO and overclocking there's no point in liquid cooling. 

240mm AIOs are no better than an NH-D15/macho direct/LGM and are louder.

small AIOs in general are only good for small cases that limit air cooler choices to low profile ones like the NH-L9i or C7. I myself keep liquid away from my PC.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

what usually happens is the purchase of the 120mm AIO happens, then you'll wanna upgrade the fans as it isn;t just doing it well enough. just find out the money spent on the AIO and fans could buy a mid/high tiered air cooler with better thermal performance and quieter.

5 minutes ago, airdeano said:

what usually happens is the purchase of the 120mm AIO happens, then you'll wanna upgrade the fans as it isn;t just doing it well enough. just find out the money spent on the AIO and fans could buy a mid/high tiered air cooler with better thermal performance and quieter.

naaaah h60 gucci 

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/corsair_h60_review,11.html

H100i V2 properly set is my go to AIO, you can make that thing 100% INAUDIBLE (like literally I set my phone 6 inches from the rad, turned on a SPL meter app and my BREATHING from 6 feet away registered louder on the SPL meter app, I had to stand perfectly still because even the slightest rustling of my clothes was causing spikes) the settings are Pump at max, fans at Quiet, for some reason the Pump makes more noise in quiet mode.

3 minutes ago, ears_ears said:

dunna know what that says, but from all the clambering from forum members with the h60, they just aren't satisfied with the thermal results and basically regret the purchase seeking better fans to remedy the issue, but usually to no avail.

2 minutes ago, airdeano said:

dunna know what that says, but from all the clambering from forum members with the h60, they just aren't satisfied with the thermal results and basically regret the purchase seeking better fans to remedy the issue, but usually to no avail.

Professional reviews > randoms on this forum. Always.

More reviews

https://techbuyersguru.com/corsair-hydro-h60-2018-cpu-cooler-review?page=3

https://www.eteknix.com/corsair-h60-120mm-aio-liquid-cpu-cooler-review/4/

I watched JayzTwoCents CES visit video, and I was surprised that he said this,

JayzTwoCents-1.png.333136d44529becdd9676d711d871ca3.png

Mind that this guy is a professional, and you are just about to jump into AIO because you are interested to liquid cooling.. If he admited that liquid cooling is a pain in the ash, so would you?

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

4 minutes ago, Courage the Cowardly Dog said:

h60 > h100i rgb pro?

guess so

And these are examples if you are featuring water on electroniocs, the 1st one is example on a watercooled GPU though, and the other one is about the troubles with RMA-ing components affected by watercooled CPU, but see the effect, and mind that you have to deal with all the after effects, all the hassle of RMA and unable to use your system.. It's time, mind, energy, and emotional consuming..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

4 hours ago, airdeano said:

Which H60 are you referring to? The 2018 Edition is much better than older variants. 

For comparison, here's an older model being the loudest out of another group of coolers: http://www.relaxedtech.com/reviews/noctua/nh-l9i-nh-d14/6

The first variant is also a bit worse than the second version which wasn't as clearly named as it should be like the most recent 2018 Edition. https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Review-Corsair-Hydro-H60-CPU-Cooler-Rev-2-171/

4 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

I watched JayzTwoCents CES visit video, and I was surprised that he said this,

Mind that this guy is a professional, and you are just about to jump into AIO because you are interested to liquid cooling.. If he admited that liquid cooling is a pain in the ash, so would you?

He's most likely referring to custom loops as opposed to AIO's. 

4 hours ago, Courage the Cowardly Dog said:

h60 > h100i rgb pro?

If you mean at the same price, definitely not. 

Where are you shopping / located and why are you looking at these coolers in particular?

What case and ram are you using? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

9 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

He's referring to custom loops.