My Review on my Crappy Encore ENLWI-N3 NIC.

terrytek

Pros:
Cheap, and that's all, seriously outweighed by cons

Cons:
So dang slow!!!! Advertised 150 MBPS?? MORE LIKE 2!!!! The only way my PC was able to get internet was to connect it at a miserable 2 MBps, and that's slower than even my current internet! Placed PC right next to router, still shows a lousy 2 MBps, How can the manufacturer produce this as Wireless N? Plus, it's PCI, old, obsolete, and outdated. It drops the connection, VERY FREQUENTLY. When I tried to install the antenna, the hinge snapped IN HALF. Now it just dangles instead of sticking up. What a piece of foreign crap. Encore Support was also terrible. I called their number, but after being on hold for over 30 minutes, a lady said wrong number and hung up. What the F? I wish I had my money back, but now I have to suffer the hard way. It does get towards 56 MBps, but that is not even close to advertised speeds. DAMNIT i wish i never bought this in the first place. The drivers were crappy, always crashing my PC, their UI was horrible, confused the shit out of me, support sucked,
This card is BS.

Other Thoughts:
DO NOT BUY THIS CRUD. PERIOD. You don't want to deal with crappy drivers, crappy software, and bad support. DO NOT BUY IT. YEAH IT MAY BE CHEAP, BUT DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

-terrytek

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

You should have gotten a TP-Link, D-Link, Asus, or TRENDnet NIC instead.

Quote me to get a reply!

You should have gotten a TP-Link, D-Link, Asus, or TRENDnet NIC instead.

I know. I knew I shouldn't waste my money on this crap. Now I'm in the market for a new wireless card. Now I go PCIe x1.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I know. I knew I shouldn't waste my money on this crap. Now I'm in the market for a new wireless card. Now I go PCIe x1.

PCIe is the best solution for desktops.

Quote me to get a reply!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106192

So, how's this? It's by Intel, a reputable company.

Intel's nice are among the best

Edit: that's wireless, but there's no reason why it wouldn't work...

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

pretty sure if you want a nic most modern motherboards come with a good onboard nic, for wireless then it's a different story if you don't have that option.

pretty sure if you want a nic most modern motherboards come with a good onboard nic, for wireless then it's a different story if you don't have that option.

I already have onboard gigabit. I need wireless, which is not provided. So is the product in the link above an ok choice? Intel is pretty reputable, especially for mobile wireless.

Uhm... just gonna state this right here.

Did you seriously expect a quality NIC for 15 bucks?

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Uhm... just gonna state this right here.

Did you seriously expect a quality NIC for 15 bucks?

Uhhh, sort of. Maybe a good reception, but I regret buying this.

I need a quality one under 30USD.