Can anyone beat my awesome* machine?

*ly crap

I was wondering if anyone is using a computer worse than mine as their daily driver. The specs of mine are:

• 2.3 GHz AMD Turion II Dual-Core Processor P520
  • 4 GB DDR3 (2 x 2048 MB)
  • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Graphics
  • 640 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5400 rpm
  • 15.6" High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display (1366 x 768)

(HP Pavilion dv6-3011so Entertainment Notebook)

Just so U know what sort of performance this has I have trouble running Club Penguin and it throttles at the sight of MS Word

how about pentium dual core 1.8ghz + 3gb ddr2 + 945express gpu (still in use, in office)

want older? i got AMD K6-III + 1gb ddr in my storage

want oooolder? i got a Pristine working Compaq Pentium ii 266mhz + 64mb ram somewhere in my attic.

anything with dual core is not that "old" and still fairly usable.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Hah! you thought you had the worst? I used to use this computer about a year ago for school-

-1.7ghz core 2 duo T6500(leafblower included)

-Intel hd graphics family

-3gb ddr ram

-Really slow hdd(not sure about storage)

-15.6 inch 1368*768

Edited by SidM

4 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

how about pentium dual core 1.8ghz + 3gb ddr2 + 945express gpu (still in use, in office)

want older? i got AMD K6-III + 1gb ddr in my storage

want oooolder? i got a Pristine working Compaq Pentium ii 266mhz + 64mb ram somewhere in my attic.

anything with dual core is not that "old" and still fairly usable.

ok you win

3 minutes ago, SidM said:

ok you win

nope i have something even older. i still have a working Pentium MMX machine with 16mb of ram and a 1mb gpu xD 

@SupaKomputa

She/Her

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

nope i have something even older. i still have a working Pentium MMX machine with 16mb of ram and a 1mb gpu xD 

@SupaKomputa

wtf, what os does it run?

Just now, SidM said:

wtf, what os does it run?

currently nothing. i plan to install freedos on it. 

i also have a 1998 iMac with a 233mhz G3 and 64mb of ram iirc, and that's running macOS 9...i have way too much retro stuff xD

i have pentium 2, 3 and 4 systems as well, but those don't have operating systems or power supply's in them at the moment. 

She/Her

@SupaKomputa

its a relic ?

i had one of those but upgraded to amd k5 back in the days.

socket 7 i remember, all pc had the same socket, how wonderful is that.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I have this one as a temporary LTT machine because mine got seized by my dad.

The fan speed sounded like a jet engine once i open chrome and the CPU throttled when i play zuma.

Yes it use IDE hard drive...

image.png.0bb46b72f314cac9d9814f77bd8b0ad3.png

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

currently nothing. i plan to install freedos on it. 

i also have a 1998 iMac with a 233mhz G3 and 64mb of ram iirc, and that's running macOS 9...i have way too much retro stuff xD

i have pentium 2, 3 and 4 systems as well, but those don't have operating systems or power supply's in them at the moment. 

You bring fame to this community?

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

I have this one as a temporary LTT machine because mine got seized by my dad.

The fan speed sounded like a jet engine once i open chrome and the CPU throttled when i play zuma.

Yes it use IDE hard drive...next?

image.png.0bb46b72f314cac9d9814f77bd8b0ad3.png

ouch the 1st gen core duo, that thing is bad. very hot.

1 minute ago, SidM said:

You bring fame to this community?

in what way? there are people on here that have way older machines than i do... 

most of my stuff is from the late 90's. pentium pc's, original playstsations, nintendo 64 etc.... even my CRT tv that i use for most of my old consoles is fromt he late 90's. 

i also have some ancient kinda tech related stuff like a vinyl record from 1915, but yea... i'm sure there are people with older records than that on here. 

She/Her

4 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

in what way? there are people on here that have way older machines than i do... 

most of my stuff is from the late 90's. pentium pc's, original playstsations, nintendo 64 etc.... even my CRT tv that i use for most of my old consoles is fromt he late 90's. 

i also have some ancient kinda tech related stuff like a vinyl record from 1915, but yea... i'm sure there are people with older records than that on here. 

Just saying bro-I consider your progress great

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

ouch the 1st gen core duo, that thing is bad. very hot.

I don't think it's 1st gen but the C2D T7700 in my 2007 MacBook Pro gets hot when I do simple stuff like browsing the internet. Core 2 Duos really aren't made for the type of things people do in 2019.

Just now, SidM said:

Just saying bro-I consider your progress great

lmao.. it's all stuff i got ramdomly for cheap... 

She/Her

8 minutes ago, 1kv said:

I don't think it's 1st gen but the C2D T7700 in my 2007 MacBook Pro gets hot when I do simple stuff like browsing the internet. Core 2 Duos really aren't made for the type of things people do in 2019.

yeah, but compared to 1st gen, core 2 is faster and way cooler.

53 minutes ago, emosun said:

the dv6 im typing this on isnt much better

If its got the MR HD5650...overclock it and its better. Mine (inside a DV6 3010AX, upgraded to a Phenom II N970) even before it died in 2017 was still capable of playing the latest games.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

3 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

If its got the MR HD5650...overclock it and its better. Mine (inside a DV6 3010AX, upgraded to a Phenom II N970) even before it died in 2017 was still capable of playing the latest games.

it uses the hd 6490

25 minutes ago, emosun said:

it uses the hd 6490

Oh. In that case it could be overclocked to match. Still, at least its not a HD5450 (mobile or desktop, they're only real purpose was to be better than first gen Intel HD graphics).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

* Locked *

This would be better as a status update or in one of the pinned thread about showing off your setup.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !