GTX 1070 TI OR 1080?

Auraa
Go to solution Solved by kevinisbeast707,

It's not worth the extra 20 percent in cost for about a 12 percent overall performance uplift after overclocks. Though with that said some games really do like the gddr5x of the 1080. The 1070 ti which I have handles pretty much everything at 1080p so I'd probably go with the 1070 ti. I'd recommend rtx but there's nothing price competitive there so.

Fortnite is not going to run above about 170 at 1080p if you plan on cranking everything and rainbow six you definitely can't do max settings at 1080p with either card so.

I'm planning on upgrading my gpu and I was wondering which should I get I know the 1080 is only 6% faster than the 1070ti and that you can overclock the 1070ti to be a stock 1080 but then you can overclock the 1080 a bit more right now I'm looking for used cards and I found a 1070ti duke for $300 and I found a 1080 fe for $360 is it worth the extra $60? currently I have a 1080p 240hz gsync monitor So I am trying to get close to that framerate in games like Rainbow Six Siege and Fortnite hopefully you can help me

It's not worth the extra 20 percent in cost for about a 12 percent overall performance uplift after overclocks. Though with that said some games really do like the gddr5x of the 1080. The 1070 ti which I have handles pretty much everything at 1080p so I'd probably go with the 1070 ti. I'd recommend rtx but there's nothing price competitive there so.

Fortnite is not going to run above about 170 at 1080p if you plan on cranking everything and rainbow six you definitely can't do max settings at 1080p with either card so.

14 minutes ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

for rainbow six I won't be using max I am a competitive gamer so I would be using all low/off

37 minutes ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

honestly I don't think its worth it to pay $60 more for only 4-7fps and for a blower fan