Epic Fail

Spotty
1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

Yeah by 10 that already would have been done. 

Not where I live.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1 minute ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Not where I live.

That's strange. I was tought the value of money at a young age even though my parents had plenty of it. I do have a friend who clearly never got that lesson as he often take money for granted. In college my parents would put money in my bank account to pay for groceries and if I needed more i would just ask. My friends would ask to out of eat and I would decline saying that u wanted to save money. My friend would say can't you just ask for more? The answer to the question is yes but because I respect the value of money and respect my parents I wouldn't do that. If I hadn't be thought that at a young age and my parents spoiled me i probably would be just like my friend. 

That's strange. I was tought the value of money at a young age even though my parents had plenty of it. I do have a friend who clearly never got that lesson as he often take money for granted. In college my parents would put money in my bank account to pay for groceries and if I needed more i would just ask. My friends would ask to out of eat and I would decline saying that u wanted to save money. My friend would say can't you just ask for more? The answer to the question is yes but because I respect the value of money and respect my parents I wouldn't do that. If I hadn't be thought that at a young age and my parents spoiled me i probably would be just like my friend. 

Yeah. Reasons I hate my town #54,284

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

She/they 

2 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Yeah. Reasons I hate my town #54,284

Yeah I sorta know the feeling. Grew up in a rich suburb and there were definitely some people like that. That being said there were alot who weren't. I think there were too many smart people for it to be too bad. My highschool was known for being 1st or 2nd in the state for test scores every year. 

Yeah I sorta know the feeling. Grew up in a rich suburb and there were definitely some people like that. That being said there were alot who weren't. I think there were too many smart people for it to be too bad. My highschool was known for being 1st or 2nd in the state for test scores every year. 

Yeah mine is quite high, not that that means 90% of the population aren't idiots.

She/they 

13 hours ago, Spotty said:

I really think that parents should just look in to visa debit cards for children when they get to the age where they are asking for online purchases like this. Kids won't be able to spend any more than they have, and parents could transfer funds in to the card of whatever the allowance is they set for purchases like this. "If you mow the lawns I'll transfer $5 in to your visa debit card" sort of deal. It will allow the children to purchase things online with their own money, without needing the parent to provide their children with access to their credit card, and still allow the parent to monitor the childrens spending through internet banking.

My kids won't have my credit card. They can buy gift cards with cash if they want to buy stuff online. I'll have all the expensive items myself so I can beat them easily even though I won't know the game. 

16 hours ago, Spotty said:

While there are likely some genuine issues customers need resolved, most of those situations can be better dealt with or prevented by PARENTING YOUR CHILDREN and not giving them access to your credit card in the first place. Your kid racked up a $200 of charges on your credit card by buying Fortnite skins? Sell their xbox/iPhone/Laptop/etc to pay for it. Your kid got ba

I don't know if I missed it, but I could see in the Kotaku article where children had racked up credit card bills.   The article claims unauthorized credit card pourchases and 12 year olds having their account banned or stolen, but not mounting bills form children using cards.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

I don't know if I missed it, but I could see in the Kotaku article where children had racked up credit card bills.   The article claims unauthorized credit card pourchases and 12 year olds having their account banned or stolen, but not mounting bills form children using cards.

It was something I read from another article that I trimmed out of the original post because it was getting too long and I was quoting too many different articles/sources.
Basically where parent gave what they thought was one-off purchase permission for the game, however over the next week the kid continued to make purchases through the linked card.

19 hours ago, Spotty said:

Read a few articles about it, one of them used a complaint where a parent thought they were giving the game one-time access to their credit card to purchase an item for their kid in game, however over the next week the kid racked up $140 of charges. Didn't want to quote a dozen different articles in my post so I trimmed it out but here it is from the Washington Post article...

“Epic Games is swindling parents with unauthorized game purchases, tricking young consumers & using shady practices for billing,” one person wrote on the BBB’s website. “I authorized a 1-time Epic Games purchase for my 11 yr-old son, only to discover EG did NOT erase my credit card info, & thus my son has been making unauthorized purchases, racking up $140 in less than 8 days after the initial authorized purchase.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/01/10/fortnite-maker-epic-games-earns-f-rating-better-business-bureau/?utm_term=.5e222f8ede5a

You can also read through the complaints here: https://www.bbb.org/us/nc/cary/profile/video-game-dealers/epic-games-inc-0593-90001957/complaints

However that's like reading through the comment section on a Fortnite Youtube section. Having a quick scroll through, almost all of the complaints I have seen so far have been either "My account was hacked" or "I was banned but I don't cheat".

There's only a small few of the "My kid stole my credit card and racked up heaps of charges on it" posts, however here's one where the kid spent $1000 without parents permission :D

Spoiler

Fraudulent charges led to a request to have Epic Games credit back the account. Was given the run around and had an account disabled that was not inv. My son spent almost $1,000 on a game called Fortnite, developed by Epic Games, fraudulently. I contacted Epic Games via email on the 6th of October to get a refund due to the fraudulent charges. To make a long story short I worked with "***** *" and it took 6 business days to resolve the issue, but only after I had my bank contact them. They gave me the run around, repeatedly asking the same questions over and over despite me giving them the answers. I gave them the exact order IDs and the invoice IDs for the transactions that were fraudulent. They told me that they would have to permanently disable the account associated with the transactions. That is fair. After I confirmed that they could disable the account I was told at one point: "Please await our email, as any response to this ticket will reset the escalation process and may lead to a delay in handling your request." Responding to an email does not interrupt any sort of investigation. There was no response for days after this. After getting my bank involved they credited me back the money with the following statement: "After reviewing your case, we granted you a refund as a one-time courtesy. We will not refund similar transactions in the future." I am fairly certain that if they were to receive a fraudulent transaction, they must credit that back. Fast forward, my second son has an account on that game. They disabled his account as well claiming that I had asked them to disable the account for fraud. I never asked them to do that. I never gave them any Order IDs or invoice IDs associated with that account. They claim to have credited me back that money, but there are no records of them crediting me back the money associated with that account, not from my bank, and not in the email box associated with the account. They disabled the account and will not restore it. The child that owns the account is now out of all the money he spent for the game and can no longer play it because the company refuses to reinstate the account, claiming that there was fraudulent activity and that they credited me back the money, which they never have.

Desired Outcome

Seeking to restore the account that was not involved with the fraudulent activity, that they never credited back.

and another where the credit card was linked and the kid continued to make purchases...

Spoiler

Epic games has the poorest customer service I have ever seen. On two separate occasions I have contacted Epic Games customer service, with no resolution either time. The first time was when my son attempted to attach my ****** ***** account to his Epic Games account. This somehow caused his account to be disassociated with **** and only accessible through our desktop computer. We contacted Epic numbers times and was never given the assistance we needed. The issue still has never been resolved. Now our younger son (8 years old) has inadvertently made purchases through this game. Epic (unlike ********** and ******) does not ask for a password before allowing purchases. My husband didn't realize that the last time he purchases something for the boys and left his card info saved. I contacted Epic games the next morning (as soon as I noticed the $197 worth of charges) and explained that our child didn't understand what he was doing. They are being impossible to work with and asking for an unbelievable amount of information (and have still not agreed to reverse the charges). I have never seen such a lack of professionalism or blatant disregard for the satisfaction of their customers in all my life.

Desired Outcome

I would like our money refunded.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I don't see how this is a fail. There are loads of companies that simply don't deal with the BBB.

They made the move to deal with the open issues. Seems like a fair middle ground.

40,000,000 people log into Fortnite every month.

The BBB received 279 complaints.

Seems like a fucking WIN to me boys.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 1/10/2019 at 8:48 PM, handymanshandle said:

Definitive proof that Team Fortress 2 > Fortnite

Actually, now that I think about, Valve's BBB rating used to be pretty bad.

You may be loyal to tf2 but csgo is my stallion

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu