Get ready for Magic The Gathering the movie!

TopWargamer

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/13/5305880/fox-obtains-rights-magic-the-gathering-movie

#BelieveInTheHeartOfTheCards

(I be all like, mixin' and matchin' card games.)

While we don't know anything about the picture itself yet or what the story might entail, the publication does specify a few names attached to the project — most notably Simon Kinsberg. He's the man who brought us Jumper and Mr. & Mrs. Smith, and he's also writing and producing the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past. He even has some degree of experience adapting a two-dimensional board game to the screen, having helped write the script for Ouija, out later this year. Magic: The Gathering could pose a similar sort of blank slate to Ouija for its filmmakers, with few characters or themes that would necessarily need to be written into the script. Although recent Magic expansion sets have placed emphasis on a number of powerful "planeswalkers" and the canon is rich with lore, there isn't a consistent overarching narrative. The primary trapping of Magic is that mages hop between planes of existence while doing battle with magical energy which they draw from the land around them.

A movie...based off of a card game...

Eh, I guess I could see this being a thing, because Magic has a lore, right? I don't really keep up with much magic related stuff, so I'm not sure. I do know that with YuGiOh, however, it spawned a very successful TV series, so maybe the same could be said for Magic, except in movie form.

Either way, I'll be looking forward to this film. Thoughts?

COMIC SANS

oh boy this can only go well...

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

No comment...

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

So it will be kind of like Yugioh movies?

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/13/5305880/fox-obtains-rights-magic-the-gathering-movie

#BelieveInTheHeartOfTheCards

(I be all like, mixin' and matchin' card games.)

A movie...based off of a card game...

Eh, I guess I could see this being a thing, because Magic has a lore, right? I don't really keep up with much magic related stuff, so I'm not sure. I do know that with YuGiOh, however, it spawned a very successful TV series, so maybe the same could be said for Magic, except in movie form.

Either way, I'll be looking forward to this film. Thoughts?

You do know that MTG has a lot of novels and rich lore too right?

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

You do know that MTG has a lot of novels and rich lore too right?

Well, actually I didn't know that, which is why I said I "asked" if Magic has a lore, because I honestly didn't know.

COMIC SANS

As linus would say...HOLY BALLS.

On a more serious note, I wonder what the plot and setting would be for the movie. There is a lot of Planar worlds to cover.

6a00e54ee7b6428833017d3bc8d514970c-800wi

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Which moron at the studio approved this one?  I hope they get fired!

Pls dont suck, pls dont suck, pls...

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500