Nvidia's Tegra K1 will outperform Qualcom 800 and apple A7

chitranjan

Nvidia launched it's Tegra K1 at the ces 2014 and now it's out performing other mobile CPU and will be coming into devices by the 1st half of this year.

Source Savvymantra

Holy *wait for it* FUCK 

Looks like the K1 is really living up to it's hype!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Nexus 5 is not really the best device to perform a benchmark with. Even through it has the Snapdragon 800 it's performance it's not that good in comparison with another devices with the same processor.

Signatures are stupid.

Eh. I think Snapdragon 805 is going to beat it. I also question how it'll do when it comes to battery performance.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Nexus 5 is not really the best device to perform a benchmark with. Even through it has the Snapdragon 800 it's performance it's not that good in comparison with another devices with the same processor.

yeah it's like having 3770 without k (overcloking option) i meant the company haven't nourished the CPU well to work as it is capable of they might have saved some money on that thing too.

Eh. I think Snapdragon 805 is going to beat it. I also question how it'll do when it comes to battery performance.

well it will be a great battle to see because the article says that it was not running at it's full potential so now we have two beast coming lets see who got the strong balls. 

well it will be a great battle to see because the article says that it was not running at it's full potential so now we have two beast coming lets see who got the strong balls. 

True. But it needs an additional chip for LTE. More chips, more power draw.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I am wondering what if Nvidia combines it shield thing with it's smartphone chip. then we will have a smartoshield

it newest chip in town this should be expect

the 805 is the same cpu whit a better gpu and that something tegra just outright destroys everyone in the ARM space though yes battery life is what i want to see since that was a mayor problem in tegra 4 compared to SD 800 and 600

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

True. But it needs an additional chip for LTE. More chips, more power draw.

they know it and they will so gonna be taking down this issue soon or will come with a alternative. you Know it's daam Nvidia he he he

Because 192 and aliens, which nobody has.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

These benchmarks are great and all but I'm more interested in seeing what kind of battery life a phone or tablet gets with one of these.

Because 192 and aliens, which nobody has.

yeah i was also saying the same thing

These benchmarks are great and all but I'm more interested in seeing what kind of battery life a phone or tablet gets with one of these.

till then we could imagine a phablet or tab which can replace shield and provide user the same gaming experience. what say ?

I has a question. Will the K1 fit inside my 2012 N7? I don't get amazing FPS when playing GTA SA at high settings.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

it newest chip in town this should be expect

the 805 is the same cpu whit a better gpu and that something tegra just outright destroys everyone in the ARM space though yes battery life is what i want to see since that was a mayor problem in tegra 4 compared to SD 800 and 600

There are a few other things that changed other than the GPU. It has a better modem, and it can support more RAM in excess of 4GB.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

I has a question. Will the K1 fit inside my 2012 N7? I don't get amazing FPS when playing GTA SA at high settings.

well as linus talked about the fastest USB 3 coming soon on WAN SHOW. we can have a external k1 which will increase your frames when connected to your device. that will be so awesome

Don't forget Tegra K1 runs DX11.

True and it can handle much more physx thing

Now the problem will be manufacturers adopting the processors... (Looking back at the older processors as a reference.)

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

This is why I'm always scared to buy a phone, and even more scared for the uninformed. Mobile processors just keep BOOMING; I wonder when they will slow down like PC GPUs. I also hear Samsung's new and unused processor is gonna be awesome and debut in the S5

Now the problem will be manufacturers adopting the processors... (Looking back at the older processors as a reference.)

yeah that we didn't thought but if nvidia can do something about that battery thing which so many people really care for then i think this chip will get a demand

This is why I'm always scared to buy a phone, and even more scared for the uninformed. Mobile processors just keep BOOMING; I wonder when they will slow down like PC GPUs. I also hear Samsung's new and unused processor is gonna be awesome and debut in the S5

yeah Samsung will be bring it's 64 bit cpu chip to S5. more

till then we could imagine a phablet or tab which can replace shield and provide user the same gaming experience. what say ?

A phablet or tab with a K1 would have a better experience than a current Shield in terms of visuals since the Shild uses their last gen mobile SoC the Tegra 4.

The Shield would still give you a better experience in terms of controls though.

This benchmark info is very misleading. The K1 chip is installed in a 28 monitor while the other chips were installed on phone or tablets. What the article does not state is what K1 cooling solutions was involved. 

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.