15% of 2080ti's arrive DEAD

Tech-Fix
1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Did you try clean installing the OS on a system with the 2080ti in it from the start?

I thought of that, we use windows 7 because windows 10 "steals" a big chunk of precious VRAM. I though that might be the problem, so I got a new SSD and installed windows 10 to test, same problem.

8 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Well if you look at this response, it seems like more of a software issue than a hardware one.

Maybe he didn't uninstall the drivers before removing the previous GPUs.

Maybe the card is not fully inserted in the slot or some part of the case is blocking it from going in all the way.

Maybe you should realize there are many ways that something might "not work" and that it's not always "gpu is dead"

Based off his original post the OP seemed intelligent enough for me to trust his assessment.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

10 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

Try running them in single rail.

Thanks, that sounds like good practice, and will change that setting. Though it has been running well with GPUs that work well. Also the PSU doesn't come with enough single cables so I use two double ones.

2 hours ago, TahoeDust said:

Try running them in single rail.

I don't get it? I got an RTX 2080 Ti on my Corsair Rmx 850 Gold Psu, what's  the problem with it ?

And each 8 pin is connected to a seperate cable going on the PSU.

Single rail you mean use it with only 1 cable? Kinda mixed situation 

Just now, Ektelion said:

I don't know.  I have not experienced the problem, but I have seen it discussed and referred to enough times that I felt it was worth mentioning. 

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

7 hours ago, Tech-Fix said:

Thanks, that sounds like good practice, and will change that setting. Though it has been running well with GPUs that work well. Also the PSU doesn't come with enough single cables so I use two double ones.

But you could test that theory using a single card, then you would have enough cables.

The best way to troubleshoot is to reduce variables, so 1 GPU instead of 4, 1 stick of ram instead of 8, or whatever the case is.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

10 hours ago, Enderman said:

But you could test that theory using a single card, then you would have enough cables.

The best way to troubleshoot is to reduce variables, so 1 GPU instead of 4, 1 stick of ram instead of 8, or whatever the case is.

I've done that also, in different computers to be sure.