How to create mobile apps/games?

kaddle

hello i've developed an interest in making mobile game apps on mobile. i checked youtube for some information about creating apps. it seems like there are multiple different ways of creating apps which is a little bit confusing. also i was not able to find information on which methods of creating apps are optimal for specific purposes. i want as much information as i can get on creating mobile apps and mobile games specifically. i was originally going to make the game in unity.

how do i create mobile apps/games and what are the best ways? what information should i know starting out?

Take some introductory python courses from Lynda.com or something of the like, it'll give you a fair jump start on this 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

Take some introductory python courses from Lynda.com or something of the like, it'll give you a fair jump start on this 

thanks. is python the language used to develop mobile apps and mobile games on unity? after starting to learn python how would i go about the process of building an app/game? also are there differences in programming requirements or languages for android and ios?

10 hours ago, kaddle said:

thanks. is python the language used to develop mobile apps and mobile games on unity? after starting to learn python how would i go about the process of building an app/game? also are there differences in programming requirements or languages for android and ios?

I'm a noobie but i know somethings.

iOS app development is possible only with a Mac machine.

Also, I think iOS apps use a language called swift?

Ubuntu is generally used for making android apps. Android apps use lots of Javascript based technologies (NodeJS et all).

6 hours ago, MagnumOpus said:

I'm a noobie but i know somethings.

iOS app development is possible only with a Mac machine.

Also, I think iOS apps use a language called swift?

Ubuntu is generally used for making android apps. Android apps use lots of Javascript based technologies (NodeJS et all).

IOS app are swift or Objective C.

It is not ONLY possible on MAC, you can code swift or Objective C on anything. You do need MAC bin or a MAC to compile tough.

Android app are possible to make on ANY operating systems but Linux and Windows are easier and have good programing UI/Tools already at disposal.

Android you can use many languages like Java,C# or you can have a simple 10-20 lines of code and use a built-in browser control and code everything in HTML/Javascript or PHP/ASP.NET.

I read your post and I think that you're looking for some smart and fast method to make games "right now", without too much learning etc. Well, no - it's not possible that way. It's time consuming process.

thanks for the info and advice so far everyone.

3 hours ago, homeap5 said:

I read your post and I think that you're looking for some smart and fast method to make games "right now", without too much learning etc. Well, no - it's not possible that way. It's time consuming process.

it's not like that. i've learned a bit of HTML and CSS when i was younger so i understand that it takes time to learn programming languages and it's not easy. i also made a few simple browser games before (using stencyl so i didn't code) so i understand that learning how to program and design good games will take a long time and be difficult.

the only thing i'm rushing for is to start the learning process as fast as i can. for that i need as much information and advice as i can get.

37 minutes ago, kaddle said:

thanks for the info and advice so far everyone.

it's not like that. i've learned a bit of HTML and CSS when i was younger so i understand that it takes time to learn programming languages and it's not easy. i also made a few simple browser games before (using stencyl so i didn't code) so i understand that learning how to program and design good games will take a long time and be difficult.

the only thing i'm rushing for is to start the learning process as fast as i can. for that i need as much information and advice as i can get.

If you plan on doing other things than mobile games then i highly suggest you to pick up Java. It's a very well rounded OOP language and very easy to learn other well structured languages.

i see. at this current time i only plan on making mobile games and i only have an android phone so i'll learn how to build a mobile game for android. it might be my best option to learn C# and how to use unity.

i was able to find a video that goes over the process of making a basic mobile game in unity. i know it's not an accurate representation of what i will be doing but it helps to see a little bit of how the engine works.

There are some platforms to create mobile apps/games with non "native" languages for them. I use Python daily at work but I wouldn't call Python a good choice for mobile apps. Things that are available in Python are not first tier platforms. You are better of using Kotlin for Android. There are some cross-platform tools to handle iOS and Android at the same time - but still - GUI app and even more game development is one of the more complex jobs in programming. It requests a lot of time, a lot of code and and a lot of skill and knowledge (plus assets, good game design and more). You may be disappointed if you expect some specific complexity and quality from a self made game.