Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi.

Thanks to a few recommendations and some research from different places (especially here (thanks!)), I managed to squeeze the 1400$ budget and get a much better build from it.

Keep in mind that I intend to upgrade this into a 2x 1070ti within the next year and a half, when trying to figure out why I went with this motherboard and PSU.

 

Any recommendations/comments are welcome. What modifications would you recommend if you had an additional 100$ to spare on this build?

 

I will wait for the Ryzen 3000 series to come out before buying the CPU.

 

 

Can´t believe I didn´t end up pasting the link last time :/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are the build specs?

 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd get this for 1200$ (of course, waiting for Ryzen 3rd gen)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($164.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($143.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($147.00 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB Titanium Video Card  ($429.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C Dark TG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($98.34 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1204.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-05 14:04 EST-0500

This is a pretty good build for 1200$, all round. It supports SLI!

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($143.88 @ OutletPC) 

I'd go tachi over this for the VRM if I planned 2600 then upgrade to 3rd gen in a year or something after a price drop

 

11 minutes ago, MachineLearning said:

I will wait for the Ryzen 3000 series to come out before buying the CPU

I wouldnt expect to see 3000 series for sale for another 4-6 months so I'd just hold out and make a new list then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would do something like this...

just don't bother with sli, just get a single faster one up front. I always give the example of my own system in 3dmark:

I outperform a 980 sli setup (3dmark 4k pc) with my single 1070 ti, and I'm afraid I'll do the same with a 1070 ti against a 2080

I selected the 1700x for now, but you can add a x570/b550 and the builds will be the same

I added the g2 750 just because it's on sale, 550 is enough

any other questions or problems with it, just let me know....

 

btw, if your workload works better on quadro, just swap the 2080 with a p4000

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Swes said:

 

I wouldnt expect to see 3000 series for sale for another 4-6 months so I'd just hold out and make a new list then.

I wouldnt expect to see 3000 series for sale for another 4-6 months so I'd just hold out and make a new list then.'

It's not because of sales... If the AdoredTV leaks are correct, you can get what is basically a 2700X for the price of a 2600, and what is a 1920X for the price of a 2700X.

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I wouldnt expect to see 3000 series for sale for another 4-6 months so I'd just hold out and make a new list then.'

It's not because of sales... If the AdoredTV leaks are correct, you can get what is basically a 2700X for the price of a 2600, and what is a 1920X for the price of a 2700X.

I wouldn't expect "sales" or price reductions till November I mean you literally wont be able to buy one for another 4-6 months

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Swes said:

I wouldn't expect "sales" or price reductions till November I mean you literally wont be able to buy one for another 4-6 months

It's MSRP, not price with sales, and most likely it will be in stores by March (the AMD CES keynote will be Wednesday)

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

It's MSRP, not price with sales, and most likely it will be in stores by March (the AMD CES keynote will be Wednesday)

I meant that the new CPUs will have the performance of a 2700X for the price of a 2600. Sorry, didn't realize you misread it until now

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

I meant that the new CPUs will have the performance of a 2700X for the price of a 2600. Sorry, didn't realize you misread it until now

Yeah my point was to OP that if they want to wait for 3rd gen then wait to make a build list till then and dont buy anything right now since it will be a few months before you can buy anything and even if you could I'd get a 2600 now... with a tachi x470 or whatever.... then november think if they are happy with perf. just leave it and if not they can buy whatever amazing processor comes out at a significant discount and they didnt have to wait or anything and they can sell the 2600 for idk at least a $100 bucks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Swes said:

Yeah my point was to OP that if they want to wait for 3rd gen then wait to make a build list till then and dont buy anything right now since it will be a few months before you can buy anything and even if you could I'd get a 2600 now... with a tachi x470 or whatever.... then november think if they are happy with perf. just leave it and if not they can buy whatever amazing processor comes out at a significant discount and they didnt have to wait or anything and they can sell the 2600 for idk at least a $100 bucks. 

Zen 2 is most likely going to be in stores by February -> March.

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Zen 2 is most likely going to be in stores by February -> March.

Last time, Zen + was road mapped at CES. We didnt see a processor till April. I'm not saying its possible we see something in February but I wouldn't count on it since I know I would be frustrated waiting 4 months to build a PC I expected to build 2 months prior.

 

I'd tell OP to just wait for CES and see what road map is since its this week...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×