Google Play/Console make app only accessible via link

So I made an app for my local sports club to view and access photos. I want to distribute it on Google Play store but have it unlisted. I want my app to be like an unlisted YouTube Video. I have the upload but only people with the link can view it. If this doesn't work I could add a sign in page on the app. But I would rather it work this way. All feedback appreciated. Thanks!

Sign the .APK using your google cert and distribute it manually on your website. The users just download and install the apk. 

They wont have to "sideload" because you are signing your app with the correct cert and key. 

You can also publish only to specific organisations, this requires the club to have their own Google administration account, which allows them to input the users that will be allowed to see the app.

Then there is the option of simply calling it a "closed beta test" in that you provide a list of google accounts that you want to access the app and they will be able to see it on the store, but it will be called a beta in the listing.

You could also publish it to the store then unpublish it once it has been download by the people that need it, this is clunky but will work because google will not revoke the installed apps on devices that already have it.