Is it THAT bad to have to use a little elbow grease when getting your mobo in?

Because I definitely needed to in order to get the the holes on the mobo to line up with the standouts.  The I/O shield is so fat for the ASUS Z390-A I had to kind of force the mobo into it.  

Should i worry?  

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

3 minutes ago, minimalist said:

Because I definitely needed to in order to get the the holes on the mobo to line up with the standouts.  The I/O shield is so fat for the ASUS Z390-A I had to kind of force the mobo into it.  

Should i worry?  

yes it's pretty normal to push the motherboard against the I/O shield so the holes will line up, but it doesn't take much force at all, it's only a gentle push.

it only requires one finger, that's how gentle it is

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

I would say so long as you're not flexing the board or applying pressure to any surface mount components it's fine.

1 minute ago, syn2112 said:

it only requires one finger, that's how gentle it is

I've had chassis's and I/O shields where this was true but I've had an equal amount where I had to put some effort into it because the shield was pushing back quite hard and the screw holes were still not aligned. It really depends on the quality of construction.

44 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I would say so long as you're not flexing the board or applying pressure to any surface mount components it's fine.

I've had chassis's and I/O shields where this was true but I've had an equal amount where I had to put some effort into it because the shield was pushing back quite hard and the screw holes were still not aligned. It really depends on the quality of construction.

Yeah that sounds a lot like my issue.  I definitely had to use some force to push it into the I/o shield.  All looks good.  I’m wrapping up soon so I guess I’ll find out if I screwed everything up shortly 

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

9 minutes ago, minimalist said:

Yeah that sounds a lot like my issue.  I definitely had to use some force to push it into the I/o shield.  All looks good.  I’m wrapping up soon so I guess I’ll find out if I screwed everything up shortly 

One of the only real concerns is sometimes the clips that you see inside the I/O shield which usually press down on the USB, Ethernet, and like ports from inside the chassis the clips can sometimes get lodged inside the ports when installing the board. If left unnoticed this can cause all sorts of problems and would make aligning the screw holes very difficult.