Concerns about upcoming build

Rafael_RMDias

Hello everyone, first time posting here but i've been using the forum for a while now.
My 4th gen system is starting to show it's age, the i5 4430 is starting to be too little too slow cores for my current workload.

I am planning a new, workstation/programming build.
My CPU of choice is the 9900k and I would love to use the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift.
My main concern with that case and that CPU is cooling it, I would like to go the AIO route with the Corsair H75 currently in my mind.
I know the TDP hasn't increased since the Skylake days, but neither has the architecture really (Coffee Lake is still a Skylake refresh),

which makes me wonder if this cooling solution would be appropriate for such a beast of a CPU.

My main goal in the build is to be able to hackintosh it, i'll probably use an RX560, my workloads currently aren't GPU demanding.

Rafael Dias

You need a 280mm to properly cool the 9900k unfortunately. The h75 wouldn t be able to handle the 9900k in the slightest. 

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

You need a 280mm to properly cool the 9900k unfortunately. The h75 wouldn t be able to handle the 9900k in the slightest. 

Not true, the H75 would be fine for stock performance. Not really suitable for the budget though, the 9900k ought to have something like the noctua NH-D15 or dark rock pro 4 for real cooling power.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Not true, the H75 would be fine for stock performance. Not really suitable for the budget though, the 9900k ought to have something like the noctua NH-D15 or dark rock pro 4 for real cooling power.

Even at stock it wouldn't be enough. You have to remember this thing runs 8 cores at 4.7ghz out of the box. That is alot of heat and many reviewers have stated that you want a high end AIO like a 280mm even for stock settings. 

19 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

https://www.techspot.com/amp/review/1730-intel-core-i9-9900k-core-i7-9700k/page3.html look at the stock thermals and you will see that even with a beefy air cooler or very nice AIO it still hits 85 Celcius out of the box. The h75 would have 0 chance of cooling it properly.