crackling over bluetooth headphones

Derrk

I got a nice pair of bose wireless headphones for xmas, but my pc didn't have built in bluetooth. I bought a bluetooth 4.0 dongle and its connected but playback has this "popping/crackling" sounds through the headphones. Customer service from the dongle is useless. I'm wondering if i just need to return this dongle and get a better transmitter

I do believe that is interference, have you tried using different ports or a different PC and seeing if that does anything?

1 minute ago, DVA said:

I do believe that is interference, have you tried using different ports or a different PC and seeing if that does anything?

ive tried several other ports, the only thing i can think of that would cause interference is my wifi antenna, but i set that to 5ghz and bluetooth only runs 2.4

2 minutes ago, Derrk said:

ive tried several other ports, the only thing i can think of that would cause interference is my wifi antenna, but i set that to 5ghz and bluetooth only runs 2.4

Could just be your location or room. For instance, when I use my earbuds at my desk I get a static/popping background noise, but when I go to the restroom or if I go to my sister's desk (we work in the same building), I get no interference whatsoever. 

2 minutes ago, DVA said:

Could just be your location or room. For instance, when I use my earbuds at my desk I get a static/popping background noise, but when I go to the restroom or if I go to my sister's desk (we work in the same building), I get no interference whatsoever. 

i think i solved the problem, and i still have no idea what the problem was. I unplugged and re-plugged the usb dongle into the same usb slot (for the 3rd time) and now it sounds much better, without the crackling sound... huh

third times the charm i guess

Just now, Derrk said:

i think i solved the problem, and i still have no idea what the problem was. I unplugged and re-plugged the usb dongle into the same usb slot (for the 3rd time) and now it sounds much better, without the crackling sound... huh

third times the charm i guess

If it works, it works. Happy for ya ;)

1 hour ago, DVA said:

If it works, it works. Happy for ya ;)

and once again its struggling

EDIT: nevermind, it seems i have to unpair and pair it again manually every time i want to use it.? There may be an easier solution i learn down the line, but for now this is alright

8 hours ago, Derrk said:

and once again its struggling

EDIT: nevermind, it seems i have to unpair and pair it again manually every time i want to use it.? There may be an easier solution i learn down the line, but for now this is alright

Not sure what kind of bose you got, But I also got a pair of Bose QC 35 ii. They sound better when using the induced aux cable rather than over bluetooth. I notice that it disconnects from time to time, even with my phone being in my pocket. The QC 35 ii, also do tend to have that poping/cracking problem. But only on lower volume, as I crank them up they start to go away.

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

2 hours ago, BLCT said:

Not sure what kind of bose you got, But I also got a pair of Bose QC 35 ii. They sound better when using the induced aux cable rather than over bluetooth. I notice that it disconnects from time to time, even with my phone being in my pocket. The QC 35 ii, also do tend to have that poping/cracking problem. But only on lower volume, as I crank them up they start to go away.

yeah i have the same pair. The sound is slightly better with the aux cable, but not significantly in my opinion. I prefer to have a wireless setup. I've figured out that every time i turn the headphones on, i have to go into bluetooth setting on my pc and disconnect/reconnect "bluetooth advanced audio". 

Tomorrow i'll look more in-depth at how to force that to turn on when i turn the headphones on