Which 2080 model should I buy

Ethan Schoonbee
Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,

There's really no reason to spend the extra on the 2080 if a 1080ti is a good deal cheaper, it will not last longer or anything like that really.

I am building a 2700x build and am thinking of buying a RTX 2080 (I know it's pricey and pretty much no preformance boost over the 1080 ti but it's a new Gen card and I feel as though it won't become outdated as quick as the 1080ti). The only problem is that I have no idea what model I want. I was looking at the Gigabyte Gaming OC and the Windforce OC as they are a little less hurtful on pocket but after reading some reviews people have been saying that, like in the 1000 series cards, they are quite sh***y and may preform at higher Temps under load then that of an MSI or Asus card. I would like to know if I am wasting my time looking at Gigabyte 2080 cards and if it would be more beneficial to just spend another $50-100 on another brands card. Any advice will be much appreciated! 

My build :

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU:  RTX 2080

MOBO: Asus X470-F

RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX (16Gb) (3200mhz) 

PSU: Corsair CX850M (I know it's a lower quality but in South Africa it's the best I could get at my price range) 

COOLER: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum (280mm)

STORAGE: - SDD - Samsung 860 EVO                                         500GB

- HDD - SEAGATE 2TB 

CASE: NZXT s340 Elite (Matte Black) 

There's really no reason to spend the extra on the 2080 if a 1080ti is a good deal cheaper, it will not last longer or anything like that really.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?