What SSD should I choose for a laptop

AndreiArgeanu

.. I have What kind of SSD should I choose for a laptop? I have 2 2.5 inch hard drive space and 1 m2. The laptop curently has a 1TB hard drive, and I was thinking that I could use the speed of an SSD in my laptop. Now I can choose from either a WD green M.2 SSD or WD Green SATA SSD both 120gb. I was thinking choosing the m2 ssd but what should I do with the left hard drive slot? Should I get another hard drive and set it up in Raid with the current one or maybe get another ssd to accelerate the current HDD? 

Can't do mechanical drives anymore for anything other than media storage cause it's too slow. For SSDs, your best value in terms of performance and reliability would be something like a Samsung 860 Evo or Crucial MX500 

does your laptop support intel optaine cacheing? if it does put optaine in it and let it rip.

if not does it support NVME drives?

no matter what I wouldn't buy a 120 its to small to be useful 256 or higher because ssds slow down significantly when you fill them to half way I buy 480Gb 2.5" for $50-60 now no reason not to get the largest one you can

1 hour ago, jonrosalia said:

does your laptop support intel optaine cacheing? if it does put optaine in it and let it rip.

if not does it support NVME drives?

no matter what I wouldn't buy a 120 its to small to be useful 256 or higher because ssds slow down significantly when you fill them to half way I buy 480Gb 2.5" for $50-60 now no reason not to get the largest one you can

It might. It has. 7th gen i7 7700HQ Gtx 1050, 8gb ram