Is it better to cjange the settings in afterburner if i have a founders edition card?

Roudy sahmarani

I have a gtx 1070 founders edition the nvidia official one if i want to use afterburner is it better to change the settings in afterburner from standard msi to reference designe if my card is a founders edition?

Could you rephrase your question?

Do you want to know if it's safe to overclock a FE card under MSI afterburner? The answer to that is yes, just closely monitor the temps. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

No this is not my question i mean in afterburner settings there is a settings that at default is set to msi standard but my card is a founders edition so is it better to change this settings from standard msi to reference designe?

1 hour ago, Roudy sahmarani said:

No this is not my question i mean in afterburner settings there is a settings that at default is set to msi standard but my card is a founders edition so is it better to change this settings from standard msi to reference designe?

Afterburner is not set to be for MSI cards. It's just well known and probably oldest skin for RivaTuner tools. Evga Precision and Asus GPU Tweak are other skins for same tool. Only if you want to use all features of certain brand xard, like RGB control or fine tuning fans, then using customized version is better option.

I've used Afterburner with EVGA, Asus and now NVidias reference cards.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, Roudy sahmarani said:

If you use MSI afterburner and set to ''Default'' it will load the default settings for YOUR specific card which are entered in the BIOS of your founders edition card.

i THINK this was your question right?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

no this is what i mean

there is a settings set to standard msi and another for other brand and one with reference design this is what i mean should i change it to reference design if my card is a founders edition card?

1.png.d12fa7b7db59a8c414248402ead1fa63.png

Don’t see how there could be a real difference either way. Try it or use another program that doesn’t care. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz