Reg edit to set something to real time

mockedarche

So I know how to set a program to high priority via a regedit but when I try realtime NOTHING gets applied. Any suggestions to apply real time priority via regedit (NOTE process lasso doesn't work for this program anticheat blocks it only a regedit works). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thank you.

To add, real-time priority doesn't allow system interrupts to pre-empt it. This includes I/O processing which means the application can even cause something like your mouse to stutter. To quote from Microsoft:

You should almost never use REALTIME_PRIORITY_CLASS, because this interrupts system threads that manage mouse input, keyboard input, and background disk flushing. This class can be appropriate for applications that "talk" directly to hardware or that perform brief tasks that should have limited interruptions.

@M.Yurizaki I have a r7 1700 meaning there is more than enough cpu headroom. I understand that there is a risk possibly I have used this for every game except the one im trying. I have to encode video while playing a game for it to even touch 100% usage.

Just now, Ohsnaps said:

@M.Yurizaki I have a r7 1700 meaning there is more than enough cpu headroom. I understand that there is a risk possibly I have used this for every game except the one im trying. I have to encode video while playing a game for it to even touch 100% usage.

Either way, there isn't an option to automatically start a process in real-time priority.

@M.Yurizaki Why do I feel like you're fighting me instead of helping me. I asked a question and I understand the risks and aren't new to doing this. I just wanted to know if anyone knew a way to do this.