1000hz vs 500hz polling rate?

charbel1011

I keep hearing a lot of mixed opinions on like how the 1000hz acts up in games and makes your aim laggy and how it adds input lag and in fact some players said putting their mouse on 500hz makes their aim way better. What's your intake on it? And what should i use?

Never heard any of this. If people think 500Hz makes their aim smoother it's just placebo, as if anything it makes it less smooth.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

I've heard that 500hz feels smoother tha 1000hz, but I cant tell the difference between the 2 tbh. 

hmm not this again..

Here's why...its because some sensor works better on 500Hz while other does not..bigger polling rate doesnt always mean better.

So that is why people debated over 500hz vs 1000hz.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

8 hours ago, Hiya! said:

hmm not this again..

Here's why...its because some sensor works better on 500Hz while other does not..bigger polling rate doesnt always mean better.

So that is why people debated over 500hz vs 1000hz.

So the only way basically to know is to switch the polling rate and see which ones is better during gaming?

56 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

So the only way basically to know is to switch the polling rate and see which ones is better during gaming?

Yes sir it is..You'll find the best setting for your mice by combining your polling rate along with the dpi of your desired choice until you find the best settings that feels right for you.

PS: And just because mice uses the same sensor as another mice that doesn't mean they'll perform equal because of the firmware or basically on how they implement it.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Worth mentioning is that some game will not support 1000hz at all. For me 1000hz is a lot better for FPS with high dpi but is up to you to test it.

4 minutes ago, Sir_Zeke said:

Worth mentioning is that some game will not support 1000hz at all. For me 1000hz is a lot better for FPS with high dpi but is up to you to test it.

I play on 800 dpi since i have an ultra wide monitor. And iv been playing competitive shooter games my whole life. And i can easily tell if my aim is off. And iv been struggling for a while now to know why my aim sometimes is like wayyy off. So iv been trying the 500hz for a while now. And i can see it's much better. So for the people saying 1000hz is smoother and  faster. Not in all the cases.

19 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

I play on 800 dpi since i have an ultra wide monitor. And iv been playing competitive shooter games my whole life. And i can easily tell if my aim is off. And iv been struggling for a while now to know why my aim sometimes is like wayyy off. So iv been trying the 500hz for a while now. And i can see it's much better. So for the people saying 1000hz is smoother and  faster. Not in all the cases.

Im not sure whats your point is if you are runing a game on 1000hz and is not supported 500hz will feel better. Simple as that but if 1000hz is working correctly you can tell the diffrence between the two. I will say it one more time is up to the user to pick best for them. Its like dpi you pick one that suits you and your set up. I have 4k 32" monitor and 3200 to 5600 is best for my use. 

46 minutes ago, Sir_Zeke said:

Im not sure whats your point is if you are runing a game on 1000hz and is not supported 500hz will feel better. Simple as that but if 1000hz is working correctly you can tell the diffrence between the two. I will say it one more time is up to the user to pick best for them. Its like dpi you pick one that suits you and your set up. I have 4k 32" monitor and 3200 to 5600 is best for my use. 

3200 dpi? bruh u serious?

I went through a debugging phase recently when I noticed I was getting framerate drops and eventually noticed it happened whenever I was moving the mouse very vigorously. In short, I found turning down the polling rate fixed it. Seemed like the game didn't like the higher rates and it slowed down the graphics because of it.

I also wonder if there is a limit to how fast a poll rate can be and still be useful. Guess it works kinda like nvidia fast sync, and you want the latest possible input to count towards generating the rendered frame that will be displayed.

Assuming everything was ideal, going from 500Hz to 1000Hz would gain you up to 1ms at best, half that on average. I find it hard to believe humans can notice that, and the theory there is some other effect going on seems more likely than the raw speed itself.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

50 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

Why? Is a personal choice, I dont need 2 square metres of mouse pad to play. After years of very fast paced shooters it feels comfortable for me. I would understand if it was 12k dpi when breathing make you fly on screen. 

1 hour ago, charbel1011 said:

I used to play at 7200 dpi for about 5 years lol.

Using 400 dpi right now.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304