Can we have a floatplane specific outro for all the video on floatplane?

jameskong

Can we have a floatplane specific outro for all the video on floatplane?

1. We don't have a dislike button on floatplane and the end card is not working on the floatplane platform also. So it is kinda annoying to hear a series "non-existed" proposal. Plus technically you can't trace people's reaction towards a video on the floatplane platform without reading the reply.

2. Floatplane specific outro could use as an announcement for floatplane exclusive event (if any) , floatplane shout or simply other videos recommendation on floatplane.

I am aware there could be extra work for this request. But if making extra video is too much work. Maybe consider change the functionality of the floatplane player? Just record one generic outtor and then let the player shows some thumbnails for other video or topic as the end card?

You could just... stop watching when the outro starts.

1 minute ago, King Poet said:

You could just... stop watching when the outro starts.

Yes, you're absolutely right, I could also consider to watch it on youtube while having my floatplane membership.........

For editing sake, all they strip out of the videos is the ad spot, otherwise its identical to what gets uploaded to  YT except maybe for the title. I doubt they will do a different outro for FP videos for ease on the editors. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

For editing sake, all they strip out of the videos is the ad spot, otherwise its identical to what gets uploaded to  YT except maybe for the title. I doubt they will do a different outro for FP videos for ease on the editors

That's why I am talking about replace the outro with an generic outor and then let the player shows some thumbnails for other video or topic as the end card. So maybe that will let the outro on FP a little bit useful?

Just now, jameskong said:

That's why I am talking about replace the outro with an generic outor and then let the player shows some thumbnails for other video or topic as the end card. So maybe that will let the outro on FP a little bit useful?

it wont happen. They have stated long ago they wouldnt be making separate stuff for FP, only stripping the ads out as its to much work on them in the editing department. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, jameskong said:

Yes, you're absolutely right, I could also consider to watch it on youtube while having my floatplane membership.........

Floatplane is creator support, not make the viewer feel special. Don't want to support? Stop paying. Simple.

Just now, King Poet said:

Floatplane is creator support, not make the viewer feel special. Don't want to support? Stop paying. Simple.

Please just focus the discussion on enhance viewing experience and making suggestions. 

Nothing what I said previously means let viewer feels special, and trying not to misdirect my suggestion to some kind of threat please.

15 minutes ago, jameskong said:

Please just focus the discussion on enhance viewing experience and making suggestions. 

Nothing what I said previously means let viewer feels special, and trying not to misdirect my suggestion to some kind of threat please.

lol

23 minutes ago, jameskong said:

What viewing experience is there to enhance?

Floatplane is basically you pay a monthly subscription fee to have content ahead of YouTube releases, content without advertisements, and the very occasional FP Exclusive Vlog.

That's kind of as good as it gets.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

It's a good idea and something we'd like to do, but it adds more complexity than you'd probably think to have special things that go with each version of a video. 

It's fine when everything is going right, but if something goes wrong it's a whole extra layer of crap if premiere is not handling the export correctly or whatever else. 

Just not feasible for now. 

7 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

It's a good idea and something we'd like to do, but it adds more complexity than you'd probably think to have special things that go with each version of a video. 

It's fine when everything is going right, but if something goes wrong it's a whole extra layer of crap if premiere is not handling the export correctly or whatever else. 

Just not feasible for now. 

I'd imagine having a floatplane version and a youtube version is already a fair bit more work when you guys edit videos...

6 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I'd imagine having a floatplane version and a youtube version is already a fair bit more work when you guys edit videos...

That would be the reasoning for cutting out the ads on Floatplane. I mean, who would want to film two outros for two platforms in one video?

I don't work for LMG, or do much YouTube-related, but I definitely wouldn't want to do that.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

20 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

That would be the reasoning for cutting out the ads on Floatplane. I mean, who would want to film two outros for two platforms in one video?

I don't work for LMG, or do much YouTube-related, but I definitely wouldn't want to do that.

Agreed. A ton of extra work, and as Linus pointed out.. if something broke in the export etc.. thats double the work more so than they already do with the double export of projects. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

I agree that it doesn't make sense. But the outro is a signature for the channel. Much like every youtube has some form of signature outro, some more original than others.  So I vote no!