PSU fell on its side

2018amdbuild

should i be worried or could it be damanged? my tx650m tilted and fell on one side when i was handling it, it didn't drop from a height as the height was the same, but the side that tilted and fell to the side did so from the height of the PSU when its on one side until it reached the table top - about 3 or 4 inches.

Unless you slammed it, it should be fine. Have you seen videos of how postage workers handle packages? A 3-4 inch drop is nothing.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8Ghz w/ Arctic Freezer 33 Tower Cooler | MSI B450 Tomahawk |  32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz CAS 14 

Sapphire RX 5700XT Pulse | EVGA 650w GQ 80+ Gold Semi-Modular  |  XPG SX6000 512GB Nvme SSD | NZXT H500

Acer XF270HU - 1440p 144Hz Freeesync IPS | Corsair Strafe - Cherry MX Red  |  Logitech G502

1 minute ago, leo1798 said:

Unless you slammed it, it should be fine. Have you seen videos of how postage workers handle packages? A 3-4 inch drop is nothing.

I didn't slam it myself but it did kind of make a slamming sound, like if you dropped your keyboard an inch above the table top. Really worried now.

1 minute ago, 2018amdbuild said:

I didn't slam it myself but it did kind of make a slamming sound, like if you dropped your keyboard an inch above the table top. Really worried now.

Yeah don't be, if you did any serious damage it just won't work

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8Ghz w/ Arctic Freezer 33 Tower Cooler | MSI B450 Tomahawk |  32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz CAS 14 

Sapphire RX 5700XT Pulse | EVGA 650w GQ 80+ Gold Semi-Modular  |  XPG SX6000 512GB Nvme SSD | NZXT H500

Acer XF270HU - 1440p 144Hz Freeesync IPS | Corsair Strafe - Cherry MX Red  |  Logitech G502

If it isn't a power supply that was about to fall apart in the first place, then it's completely fine. Power supplies aren't exactly fragile, and I bet you could drop one from 6 feet without it breaking.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

probably fine, computer parts are generally more sturdy than people think. its not like they arent fragile but they can handle a little bit of abuse from my experience

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

it is fine, just dont do a howtobasic on it and you'll be fine

Sadness is the one true emotion, and happiness, well, that's just a lie, sadness is all many of us feel, and is all we need to feel, because having it any other way, would just be wrong, why be happy when you can just be miserable like myself. 

also DO NOT SHAKE WHILE IN USE...

shaking may cause some Rapid Unplanned Dissasembly or RUD for short... and RUD is not a good thing to have happening inside of a PSU, that PSURUD is a bad... i dont know where i'm going with this, ill just end it here.

Sadness is the one true emotion, and happiness, well, that's just a lie, sadness is all many of us feel, and is all we need to feel, because having it any other way, would just be wrong, why be happy when you can just be miserable like myself. 

even the cheap LC powers, that have fairly poor soldering, can handle rough handling.

most components on as PSU is holemounted, not surface mounted, they can take an enormous amount of abuse, poorly Surface mounted parts, can fall off if the board inside the PSU Flexes, but that demands warpage of the enclosure.

these components have to live with people, slamming around cases, so they can take way more abuse that you would think. 

All the power might slosh to one side of the PSU.  Be careful!!!

No... You're fine.  PSUs have no "up".