Apple's newest Mojave release breaks support for most newer Nvidia GPUs.

Skanky Sylveon

I'd like to be sympathetic here and join in on the "fuck Apple" bandwagon but I have to say: come on. You bought an Apple product and/or use their ecosystem: you should have expected this was going to be inevitable.

Enjoy Apple for what it is, Radeon cards and all. Or just buy a fucking PC: they're not as fancy, not as friendly and easy to use, but if you know enough to switch GPUs on your mac you probably should have fucking known better.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

They have no obligation to open the platform.

Of course they don't. I just wish people would stop buying their over-priced crap. They are not a consumer friendly company as much as everyone likes to think they are. They control everything around their products even how you can have them repaired.

The good news is they have relatively small market share compared to other laptop/workstation solutions. They also have less market share than Android by about 15-20% on a global scale. Here in the states they are pretty close to even atm though.

I hope that the market share continues to decline for them and that they are forced to either change their stance on some things or risk a slow and painful death.

So, Apple users can't use Cuda accelleration anymore? Oh my.

Guess there will be plenty of companies buying new machines, without an apple logo on them.

Just another drop in the bucket for Apple. They keep digging. They can fall. The only interesting part will be if they notice it before it is too late, or just let it happen.

Just now, Tech Enthusiast said:

Apple users can't use Cuda accelleration anymore?

For the handful of programs on OSX that use it, no.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I know a lot of people are like "why?" and "this is bullshit", but in Apple's defense, we've kinda known for a while that they were shifting away from OpenGL to Metal for a good while on macOS. I'm not jacking off Apple here, nor am I jacking off AMD or Nvidia, but it seems like the way Apple wanted to implement Metal with macOS Mojave just doesn't work well with the cards without modified drivers.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.