Torrenting in Australia?

flamer7

Hey there guys, currently, I live in a country where it's perfectly safe to download torrents, like, no legal issues and all that. But, I am moving to Australia in a week, and I'm just wondering if downloading torrents there will be fine? I am gonna join college there and will be living in a college residential place for under 18s and I will be getting 50GB a month. Is it fine to download torrents or will you get caught?

its against the laws here and also against the law on the forums...                      

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

discussing the legality of torrenting is allowed

happens all the time here

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

discussing the legality of torrenting is allowed

happens all the time here

i thought it was the discussion of torrenting in general i guess im wrong 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I'm sure if you're torrenting for legitimate reasons than it's fine. Like torrenting Linux or something. 

Yea..

You are allowed to torrent things in Australia. Linux distributions and such. Anything that is protected by copyright, such as music/movies/video games are illegal. Read the terms and conditions of the ISP... Seriously... Then again, my last girlfriend literally torrented the whole world and nothing happened

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Not that i do it or any thing -looks around- me and my mum have been downloading for years and never had a problem and im talking games movies TV shows music and mostly games and more movies. I only download movies to watch them cause i think its a rip of to pay like $30 for 2 hours of fun. And i only download games to try them befor i buy them if they dont have triles. So its fine just dont go sprouting of to every one xD

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

And buy the way as if Australian gov gives a crap xD there to busy raising there pay checks 

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

Torrents are not illegal in Austrailia, what are you talking about?

Not that i do it or any thing -looks around- me and my mum have been downloading for years and never had a problem and im talking games movies TV shows music and mostly games and more movies. I only download movies to watch them cause i think its a rip of to pay like $30 for 2 hours of fun. And i only download games to try them befor i buy them if they dont have triles. So its fine just dont go sprouting of to every one xD

I have torrented well over 5tb of pirate content. Not one email from the ISP, no letters of demand or cease & desist notices in the mail. Not a single warning or repercussion.

You're fine.

Hey if I have downloaded movie torrents, should I delete it off my laptop before going through Australian customs? Will they actually switch on your laptop and check? Has this happened before?

I live in Australia, our legal system is not American, you don't go to jail for copyright infringement, individuals don't get sued for uploading or downloading copyright material. Some small ISPs like TPG sometimes send warnings but they're just fluff. But be careful if you are living on campus as at my uni they throttle torrents and cut off your internet if you pirate things, but your uni may be different.

P. S. Welcome to the greatest country on earth.

Australian ISP's don't care. You can torrent all you want and they won't even poke a stick at you.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Hey if I have downloaded movie torrents, should I delete it off my laptop before going through Australian customs? Will they actually switch on your laptop and check? Has this happened before?

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard in my life, of course that won't happen. You might have some trouble torrenting on school or uni internet, but besides that go for your life.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

well if you can get a decent speed then sure you can torrent but in Australia torrenting is basically limited by speed not by law.

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

well if you can get a decent speed then sure you can torrent but in Australia torrenting is basically limited by speed not by law.

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

Welcome to the Land of Everything can Kill You.

I've been here all my life, not one warning yet.

PS: Enable FORCED Encryption in your torrent program, if it doesnt have one, GET ONE that Does.

Straya!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

From what I've heard you don't really want to download stuff in straya with their appalling connections :P

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

They most likely wont but they have the right to if they think they need to so probly do so just in case

Have an unlisted true crypt drive with them if you are worried. guess these are the concerns of pirates :P

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090