Getting shocked from my PC

VicciVicVic

When I touch the thumbscrews on my case and some of the USB ports and also the line out on my DAC, I can feel some electricity passing through my finger, it isn't painful but definitely noticeable. I have tried doing a complete clean out of my system (dust-wise) and checked all the little traces on the mobo to check that they aren't touching the case in any way. It's strongest at the DAC, so I suspect that's the point of origin. I have the SteelSeries Arctis pro and GameDAC and the Aorus gaming 7 for my mobo. I have contacted gigabyte, and I expected, they provided no help whatsoever. They just asked if I had installed the standoffs.

For me it was a bad ground on the power cable to my monitor conducting electricity through the DVI cable to the case. A quick way to test is to unplug all cables from your computer and see if any of them give you a shock on any part of the cable that is metal while they're unplugged.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Additionally, GFCI/Outlet testers are cheap

https://www.amazon.com/Sperry-Instruments-GFI6302-Receptacle-Professional/dp/B000RUL2UU/

I would highly recommend getting one and testing your outlets.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor