Whats With the Beats by Dre Hate ?

INFINITE Z3RO

Why Dose everyone Hate on Beats, I came across this video that i completely 100%  Agree with this Guy

My Profile has my specs.

overpriced, sounds leik poo

50$ headphones with low end raised to the point of muddy, overpowering distortion. Pretty much a fashion accessory/neck warmer that just happens to play bass suffocated "music"

50$ headphones, 50$ endorsement, 100$ Monster co. tax.

this video is good chuckles by the way, half way in it made me think of someone trying to justify genocide lol. 

Error: 410

because you don't view a headphone as something to listen to music but rather as a fashion accessory, willing to pay the price for looks and deal with less than average sound quality

I don't get the hate, you have so much $wAg when you wear them.  But yea, they suck and are OverPriced.

overpriced, sounds leik poo

Agree they are Over priced, But They Dont Sound Like Shit. You have to Watch the Video like He says they are for AVG Comsumers

My Profile has my specs.

They don't sound like "poo" they sound like poo for the pricing, they're a good $150-$200 off. They themselves are beautiful. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

They don't sound like "poo" they sound like poo for the pricing, they're a good $150-$200 off. They themselves are beautiful. 

Yes Agree I am buying some beats that are worth $400 for $200 so i am happy

My Profile has my specs.

Agree they are Over priced, But They Dont Sound Like Shit. You have to Watch the Video like He says they are for AVG Comsumers

But they do? Back when I was a toolbag I tried my cousins for a day. I thought they were "ok" but I was saved by my first pair of Sennheisers instead. 

They don't sound bad for 75$-90$. For the 150~200$? They're awful. 

Error: 410

Yes Agree I am buying some beats that are worth $400 for $200 so i am happy

I would personally turn that for a profit, you could prob get $100 off of that. 

Actually I lied, I'm way too lazy to do that. 

Edited by naca1227

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I would personally turn that for a profit, you could prob get $100 off of that. 

I would but i am looking for some new headphones any way :P

My Profile has my specs.

But they do? Back when I was a toolbag I tried my cousins for a day. I thought they were "ok" but I was saved by my first pair of Sennheisers instead. 

They don't sound bad for 75$-90$. For the 150~200$? They're awful. 

Agree. Except for the Beats Solo HD... The sound and build quality... well you know, let's not even get on detail with that.

I'm hardly an audiophile, so Beats headphones sound fine to me, but I wouldn't pay the ludicrous price tag they're requesting. For much less, you can find very comfortable, high-quality headphones that many audiophiles would be proud to own. Supposedly Beats aren't very good because of the equalizers they hide their sound quality behind. I'm not the expert on them, but I can tell you that there are much better options that sound just as good or better.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

If my friends see this hate they would go crazy. Every single one of my friends get beats each year and never care to give any headphones the day of light. And when I bring my own headphones from audio technicna I see them give me the bad eye.

I have to agree from trying my friends beats they do suck and I will not buy one for looks or sound.

(Not audiophile but I do have experience with headphones)

cpu:i5-4670k | Ram: 16gb | Case:Nzxt phantom 520 | Psu: corsair tx850 gold

mobo: Asus hero | Gpu: evga 780 | Storage: seagate 2tb/smamsung evo 240gb

Sound: Corsair 2100 / Mouse: Corsair m65 mouse / Keyboard: Corsair k70 / Display Vizio 23inch hdtv (changing soon)

They are advertised wrong and that's why people hate them. they are not studio headphones, they are headphones made for people who like bass ( their is nothing wrong with that, even audiophiles say that they don't like listening to completely flat EQ they just hate distortion), at the end they produce great bass and the treble is also boosted  which makes a sound signature that normal consumers like, not people in the studio. for editing and music creation i wouldn't come close to using them, but for listening to hiphop/rap they have the best sound signature out their !!!!  

I'm hardly an audiophile, so Beats headphones sound fine to me, but I wouldn't pay the ludicrous price tag they're requesting. For much less, you can find very comfortable, high-quality headphones that many audiophiles would be proud to own. Supposedly Beats aren't very good because of the equalizers they hide their sound quality behind. I'm not the expert on them, but I can tell you that there are much better options that sound just as good or better.

It is not that they sound REALLY BAD they sound ok, ok is ok for a $50 - $60 headphone but not for a $200-$400 headphone, and I heard they improved the build quality of it; but 1 year ago the build was so bad the Beats practically  were unusable after a year or a 2. The old Beats solo practically self destructed after some time lol xD. For some people Beats will sound better than other that is because everyone hears different types of music and Beats apparently have a good bass. 

They are advertised wrong and that's why people hate them. they are not studio headphones, they are headphones made for people who like bass ( their is nothing wrong with that, even audiophiles say that they don't like listening to completely flat EQ they just hate distortion), at the end they produce great bass and the treble is also boosted  which makes a sound signature that normal consumers like, not people in the studio. for editing and music creation i wouldn't come close to using them, but for listening to hiphop/rap they have the best sound signature out their !!!!

This might be true but this still doesn't explain the price for them. And why not just get cheaper headphones with similar sound quality
cpu:i5-4670k | Ram: 16gb | Case:Nzxt phantom 520 | Psu: corsair tx850 gold

mobo: Asus hero | Gpu: evga 780 | Storage: seagate 2tb/smamsung evo 240gb

Sound: Corsair 2100 / Mouse: Corsair m65 mouse / Keyboard: Corsair k70 / Display Vizio 23inch hdtv (changing soon)

"Best sound signature" Those are pretty big words, I would agree that they have a good one in that type of category but I wouldn't say they have the best without some research  ^_^

'Everyone has an opinion and whether or not they think the price is justified'

Except they're objectively poor sounding and very expensive.

'You need to keep in mind who the headphones are targeting and who buys them'

Just because someone know's shit all about audio doesn't mean they should listen to crap and spend hundreds doing it.

'The average listener can't pick up on good sound'

Uh, yeah they can.

'Their tagline is "sound how the artist intended"'

The headphones are imbalanced as fuck. This is false advertising.

'The Beats line excels in bass'

Sorry, overpowered, muddy, inaccurate bass is does not 'excel' on any level.

'Beats are better than $20 headphones'

Sure, but they're not better than my $60 Philips Uptowns - like, by a LOT. I've listened to them side by side with a guy at uni who has Beats Studios and they are literally shit.

'Since when is powerful marketing a bad thing?'

When it's FALSE ADVERTISING ON OVERPRICED PRODUCTS it's a bad thing.

'If something sounds great but looks ugly I'm not gonna wear it'

I got this far, I'm not watching this anymore.

Edit: Beats also have absolutely shit build quality.

Why did this guy waste time making this fucking video... Sorry OP, but this guy is either a shill for Monster or know's absolutely dick about audio or business or all of the above. I'm sorry you fell for what he's saying.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

The audio sounds odd, hard to explain. Not an audiophile either but it didn't sound particular for the price. I guess it's the bass that people care about but I was just listening to purely audio when I tried them.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

'Everyone has an opinion and whether or not they think the price is justified'

Except they're objectively poor sounding and are very expensive.

'You need to keep in mind who the headphones are targeting and who buys them'

Just because someone know's shit all about audio doesn't mean they should listen to crap and spend hundreds doing it.

'The average listener can't pick up on good sound'

Uh, yeah they can.

'Their tagline is "sound how the artist intended"'

The headphones are imbalanced as fuck. This is false advertising.

'The Beats line excels in bass'

Sorry, overpowered, muddy, inaccurate bass is does not 'excel' on any level.

'Beats are better than $20 headphones'

Sure, but they're not better than my $60 Philips Uptowns - like, by a LOT. I've listened to them side by side with a guy at uni who has Beats Studios and they are literally shit.

'Since when is powerful marketing a bad thing?'

When it's FALSE ADVERTISING ON OVERPRICED PRODUCTS it's a bad thing.

'If something sounds great but looks ugly I'm not gonna wear it'

I got this far, I'm not watching this anymore.

Why did this guy waste time making this fucking video...

LOL so true 

This guy also has a Beats buying guide video and another one placing Beats in his top 5 headphones of all time.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I'd rather have a dick in my rear than beats in my ear...

ok... 

maybe a bit of an over exaggeration...

He says in the video people don't care about mids or highs only bass.... and as @Lyons said hes a fanboy.

"The internet is a series of tubes"

He says in the video people don't care about mids or highs only bass.... and as @Lyons said hes a fanboy.

I didn't say he was a fanboy, I said he was an idiot.

His argument is basically: I'm ignorant, so making uninformed choices is okay.

Too often do we see this (see: PCs vs console) and the problem is exactly people like him, who refuse to do research before buying a product. Don't know what mids are? Google or wiki it, it literally takes 10 seconds.