I need a new Router

ELSknutson

So for some time now my router has been giving me trouble and the range is just not enough for the house I live in. So I am in the market for a decent router in the $100ish range 

this is my current router https://www.amazon.com/RT-N53-802-11N-WIRELESS-ROUTER-600MBPS/dp/B00PEBGNYM/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1543929816&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=asus+rt-n53+4-port+dual-band+wireless-n600+router+%28black%29 does anyone have any recommendations for  a 3000Sq.ft house (wall type, drywall stucco, wood frame. 

devices we use 3 iphones an I pad, Microsoft surface, 2 connected tv's, Wii, gaming computer, and car so a total of  10 devices but we typically only use 5 or 6 at a time at most 

Router should be placed in the center of your home, not in the place where he looks the best. :)

I don't think new router can improve wifi range a lot. Try repeaters.

1 minute ago, homeap5 said:

Router should be placed in the center of your home, not in the place where he looks the best. :)

I don't think new router can improve wifi range a lot. Try repeaters.

it is centered in my home and my current router needs to be reset at least once a day also its about 5 years old with no app support, or USB ports or buttons of any kind.  

ASUS and resetting once a day... Well, sounds familiar.

But ASUS has good wifi range.

I prefer TP-Link (Archer C7 or C9) but it's probably not the best router if we're talking about wifi range.

I think more depends on model, not on brand. The more expensive model - the more powerfull in most cases. The best routers have lot of antennas for a reason. :)

9 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

ASUS and resetting once a day... Well, sounds familiar.

But ASUS has good wifi range.

I prefer TP-Link (Archer C7 or C9) but it's probably not the best router if we're talking about wifi range.

I think more depends on model, not on brand. The more expensive model - the more powerfull in most cases. The best routers have lot of antennas for a reason. :)

These are the two I have found so far that seem to be pretty decent specs wise. Let me know what you think http://a.co/d/58pxdXC    http://a.co/d/iBWDQao

I have Archer C9 (from second link). It's great router. If it's in version 3 or higher, it should be even better I think. Not sure about wifi coverage in big house though.

Netgear should have good wifi coverage, but I never use that brand.

3000sqft is gonna be hard to achieve on a 100 dollar budget.

I recently picked up a new NetGear router and it greatly improved my signal range and speeds.  That being said it wasn't $100.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

3000sqft is gonna be hard to achieve on a 100 dollar budget.

I recently picked up a new NetGear router and it greatly improved my signal range and speeds.  That being said it wasn't $100.

The house is not 3000 sq ft but I wanted extra range to extend to the back yard for when I am mowing the lawn and listing to music 

well i ended up with 

ORDER PLACED
December 4, 2018

ORDER # 114-8124871-8088267