How to force a refund at the bank?

Go to solution Solved by tikker,

According to this thread they wield a 30 minute limit for refund, while others say they have zero tolerance on this. If it was Steam you'd have had a 2 hour play time / 2 week limit, but you may be out of luck here... Maybe try another day in chat support to see if you get another person? I hope  something can be worked out :/ 

TL;DR
Blizzard won't let me return Black ops 4 because "I played it too much" and now I want to go to my bank and get my money back. How do I do this? I think I have Chase bank.

Long:
I got the game like thanksgiving ish weekend or the day before thanksgiving. I forget which. I played 2 rounds of like each mode to have the bare minimum experience & didn't like it. I contacted support several times saying I hardly even played the game that's BS. I checked my local refund laws that say refunds are required withing 30 days of purchase if no refund policy is posted. I did not see a refund policy noted anywhere through the transaction. I don't want to say the wrong thing and then have the bank also say "yeah no."

As far as I know if the payment has been processed then Bank cant help if the purchase was legitimate.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Those 30 days usually apply to unused, physical products. Digital products are normally exempt (or allowed exemption) from laws pertaining a to the return and refunding of products.

And as said above, unless the charge was fraudulent the bank won't be able to help you.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Did you specifically bought it from blizzards store?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Go to your bank, or call them.  Tell them the charge is fraudulent because this is not what was promised that you paid for (digital or not) - then they will begin the refund amount.  If you do not do this often, they should EASILY allow you to refund, at which point they will chase (with bigger lawyers if necessary) the other party for the monies back.  Which typically just get paid because they cant fight the banks.

Ive used USBANK like this a couple times in my life.

The key is, if it IS Fraudulent - I.E. is what they advertised to you, not what you received.  And if so, in your eyes, you absolutely have a case your bank will take up.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

24 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Did you specifically bought it from blizzards store?

Yes

23 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Go to your bank, or call them.  Tell them the charge is fraudulent because this is not what was promised that you paid for (digital or not) - then they will begin the refund amount.  If you do not do this often, they should EASILY allow you to refund, at which point they will chase (with bigger lawyers if necessary) the other party for the monies back.  Which typically just get paid because they cant fight the banks.

Ive used USBANK like this a couple times in my life.

The key is, if it IS Fraudulent - I.E. is what they advertised to you, not what you received.  And if so, in your eyes, you absolutely have a case your bank will take up.

Is “the game sucks” a fraudulent product? 

If not, what would be some examples? 

I have submitted a picture of my state ID requesting a refund as blizzard demands it to help you. 

According to this thread they wield a 30 minute limit for refund, while others say they have zero tolerance on this. If it was Steam you'd have had a 2 hour play time / 2 week limit, but you may be out of luck here... Maybe try another day in chat support to see if you get another person? I hope  something can be worked out :/ 

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

6 minutes ago, fpo said:

I have submitted a picture of my state ID requesting a refund as blizzard demands it to help you. 

No, a game sucking is not a fraudulent product.

What you have is buyers regret and you will have to take it up with Blizzard. 

Since the transaction already went through your bank cannot do much about it. For example if you buy something off Ebay and its fraudulent even then the bank cannot help you after it went through. That why you buy via Paypal or a creditcard since they do have clauses for those kinda things.

Even if you could get your bank to get back the money, Blizz could report you to the police and your bank since you "stole" money from them.

6 minutes ago, tikker said:

I’m just going to contact support everyday complaining till they give me my money back then. 

39 minutes ago, fpo said:

No, but a SINGLE item not released that it was advertised to do can be cause for Fraudulent sale.

The last time I did this on a game was Age of Conan the MMO - It was supposed to be released with DX10 capability (advertised on the box as such as well when it was released) but was released only supporting DX9.

That's how I got my money back.  And I cant remember which crap company owns that game but they swore I wouldn't get my money back.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

UPDATE

I have contacted Blizzard requesting a possible store credit instead.
The Game Master said because it belongs to Activation, they are following Activision's return policy. I can contact Activation about their shitty refund policy & talk to them about it.

Not to sidetrack nor derail but... As Activision now owns blizzard I sense a dark future.
Diablo Immortals is only the beginning.

16 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, kiss your money goodbye.  Activision is too greedy for that.

SECOND UPDATE

Blizzard lied to me now.
I contacted Activation & they are only a publisher. The refund policy and billing does not happen with Activation at any point.
Now I'm not quite as disappointed in not getting a refund. Now I'm mad that they straight up lied to me.

20 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Ya, Activision is a publisher who tends to get say in games like Destiny 1-2 and a few others.  While COD has a couple of developers, the BO franchise is done by Treyarch. 

That's confusing...

23 minutes ago, fpo said:

Blizzard lied to me now.
I contacted Activation & they are only a publisher. The refund policy and billing does not happen with Activation at any point.

Isn't the store you buy things from generally responsible for returns/refunds etc., i.e. Blizzard in this case? Sounds to me like they don't want to be bothered with it...

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 minute ago, tikker said:

Isn't the store you buy things from generally responsible for returns/refunds etc., i.e. Blizzard in this case? Sounds to me like they don't want to be bothered with it...

Yeah.
I'm going to send my conversations to game news websites. I'm downloading a video editing program to censor my name & personal information.

Consumer protections vary depending on what sort of account you have and what establishment you have that account with. If it is a checking account, I seriously doubt there are more than the regular fraud protections. If it is a credit card, sometimes there are perks like extra warranty, insurance, and satisfaction guarantees...but again those will vary. You can always contact your bank and politely and calmly explain the situation to see if they're able to help you.

Also... If it isn't a real fraud transaction DO NOT CLAIM FRAUD! While you may get a temporary refund, you will likely lose the case when the company coughs up a copy of the invoice you paid.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

4 hours ago, fpo said:

Not to sidetrack nor derail but... As Activision now owns blizzard I sense a dark future.
Diablo Immortals is only the beginning.

To be fair, Activision has owned Blizzard for years now - coming up on 11 years now. Activision bought Blizzard in 2008.

Anyway, I would continue to contact Blizzard support. Ask to be escalated to a manager. Be persistent.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

To be fair, Activision has owned Blizzard for years now - coming up on 11 years now. Activision bought Blizzard in 2008.

Anyway, I would continue to contact Blizzard support. Ask to be escalated to a manager. Be persistent.

I haven’t stopped contacting & sent transcripts and explanations to several news outlets so with Diablo immortals controversy, it may still be popular to hate blizzard & get the word out & get me a refund. 

4 minutes ago, fpo said:

I haven’t stopped contacting & sent transcripts and explanations to several news outlets so with Diablo immortals controversy, it may still be popular to hate blizzard & get the word out & get me a refund. 

Perhaps it'll help - the more Digital Game Publishers/Stores that offer a robust refund policy, the better.

With that in mind, I do hope that you learned a lesson here, which is to know what the refund policy of a game is, before you buy it - let alone download and/or play it.

Not many countries would have consumer laws that would protect you from simply not liking the game, assuming it otherwise works as advertised.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)