Bad Game Reviews

progamer94
Go to solution Solved by Osmium,

I'm finding it very hard to get my point across through typing, so I will stop trying, however I understand that not everyone will see what where talking about as an issue, I just always found it to be something that really annoyed me.

Thats okay, I feel like neither of us are understanding what each other are saying anyway.

Yeah usually people do that instead of agreeing on the internet, I blame conditioning. x3

No, Blame the EA.

No, Blame the EA.

That's my default stance of course :)

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Interesting topic.

I disagree with the OP. If a critic thinks the game is bad enough to warrant a terrible score or to suggest people not buy it, it's not only their right, but they should be compelled to do so. This doesn't mean they are right from another individual's perspective, but if that is their opinion they should express it.

I usually don't have an issue with a lot of reviews bar anything total biscuit releases..

Yup, he makes very long ones but says everything he thinks about it and says all the good and bad things. That does not mean that I don't like games that he doesn't like, for example Bioshock Infinite, I actually liked it quite a bit while he didn't like it as much as him, but he's one of the few reviewers that reviewed it well.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I do understand how criticism works but I don't think you get my point, my point is they should not say a game is bad based off of things they personally did not like, however if they did their review properly they should just state what they didn't like about it and move on not ramble on about telling people not to buy

and that is what a review is.. they say the things they did not like and the things they liked, then give an overall impression, saying this game is bad or this game is good is not a review.

If the reviewer is a professional, then he shouldn't let his own prejudices and preferences negatively or positively affect his rating too much. A game, like a movie, can usually be judged on absolute terms on whether it looks good, has a well thought out plot/story, characters, production value, acting, etc. The subjectivity kicks in when we decide whether or not the product's sum of its parts is actually worthy of praise or disdain. As for amateur reviews...well, everyone is a critic. I agree with you that too many people like to flame things that are popular and well regarded if they have personal objections to it. They hate carjacking and pimp beating; therefore, GTA is the worst game ever made, and everyone who gives GTA a good review is either a fool or has been bribed by Rockstar.

I think that when you criticize something that is generally regarded as special, you should be careful if you want to be taken seriously. For example, I think that Ass Ass Creed is one of the most boring games ever made, but that's just because it doesn't suite my tastes at all. I don't declare that it's in fact a bad game that only idiots love.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Regarding reviews in general, just never take them at face value but more of a guide at best, despite how biased they may be. But as many of us have already stated, its the reviewer's own opinion and not yours, so in the end its you that decides if the game/movie/product or whatever is good or not. Of course the definite way to find out if something is good or not is to just get it yourself but sadly we don't all have the money to do so.

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=